Universal Forest Products Truss Assembler in Woodburn, Oregon
Assembler II is responsible for fabricating component parts or assembling the finished Truss product according to the customer specifications. Works under immediate supervision; relies on specific direction and instructions.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6am-230pm with possible Saturday work
work week 40+ hours
daily shifts vary 8-12 hours. Starting hour may change due to production needs
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required for the operation (plates, nails, staples, fasteners, etc.).
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed manner and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates presses and machinery in addition to hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Provides basic TPM to equipment and completes TPM paperwork when required.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled