Siemens IT Project Manager- SISW- MG in Wilsonville, Oregon
It Project Manager- SISW-MG
Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business is a leader in electronic design automation. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively.
We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join the team. Our ideal candidate is experienced in managing technology and infrastructure projects with the flexibility and skillset to also manage enterprise applications development and process projects. This position resides at corporate headquarters in Wilsonville, Oregon.
You’ll be responsible for managing both IT Application projects through the entire project life-cycle and own the responsibility for ensuring the successful outcome of the projects within defined cost, schedule, and performance boundaries.
You’ll conduct productive meetings, manage client expectations and communications from the C-level to individual contributors, adapt plans to respond to changing business priorities, monitor projects and take appropriate action when goals are not being met, follow up with clients to make sure that results meet or exceed expectations and monitor project costs to stay within budget.
• Point of contact between projects and the organization.
• Participate in the development of goals, objectives, plans, policies, and procedures for completion of highly visible, complex projects in a software development setting.
• Support project scoping, estimation, and proposal development.
• Identify project team member roles and negotiate for project resources.
• Enforce project change, scope, cost and risk management.
• Provide leadership and direction for customers and project team. Effectively manage work and assignments in a matrix environment.
• Creation and use of project plans detailing each phase/task of the project. Includes clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities. Accountable to accurately forecast results.
• Determine scope, time requirements and allocation of available resources to phases of each project. Drive on-time, on budget and quality execution of all implementation projects.
• Coordinate activities of responsible customer and internal personnel to ensure project remains on schedule.
• Proactively identify risks to project goals. Develop effective action plans for resolution. Escalate and communicate issues.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills. Proactively communicate with customers, project teams and leadership.
• Lead and document project meetings, communicating progress to internal and external stakeholders. Establish and maintain rapport with customers that is conducive to long term business relationships.
• Continuously drive process improvement. Communicate with project team on learnings, challenges, and customer feedback to support continuous process improvement.
• 5+ years of related business experience (project manager and/or equivalent).
• Consideration given to PMI PMP certification in project management or equivalent.
• A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management.
• Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience with Agile project management in a high technology or Internet-based software development environment a plus.
• Business Applications project management experience. Experience managing complex system implementations in CRM, ERP, supply chain, interfaces and system integration preferred.
• Ability and willingness to travel on short notice.
• Demonstrated understanding of project governance and project management methodologies.
• Experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including MS Project).
• Proficient in modern PPMIS and Project Collaboration software (e.g., Planview Enterprise, CA PPM, Projectplace, Clarizen, Basecamp, etc.) preferred.
• Experienced and comfortable with modern collaboration technology and tools (e.g., Webex, SharePoint, Jabber, Skype, etc.).
• Good customer focus, attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of enthusiasm/energy coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Experience managing virtual, geographically and culturally diverse teams.
• Ability to work in fast paced, demanding environment with changing priorities.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with appropriate sense of urgency and proactive approach.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .
- Siemens Jobs