Fred Meyer Coffee Kiosk Lead Barista in Wilsonville, Oregon
Assist MSD Manager with daily operating procedures, maximize financial contribution, and supervise associate development. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model "Customer 1st" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Assist FOD Manager and MSD Section Manager in hiring new associates
- Train and develop associates to demonstrate all customer service and operating standards
- Verify corporate policies, store operating standards, and procedures are communicated effectively and maintained and followed in a consistent manner
- Demonstrate and verify all Starbucks standards are followed
- Maintain health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Perform and direct others to complete the cleaning and operational tasks in accordance with the store Duty Rosters
- Comply with merchandising, stocking, rotating, product storage, ordering, and markdown standards
- Assist in kiosk scheduling and adjust staffing to meet store and business needs
- Verify all cash handling and cash register functions are performed in an accurate and consistent manner
- Verify the proper types and amounts of materials, supplies, and merchandise are ordered and stocked
- Communicate new product information to associates in an effective manner
- Completes accurate, timely reports, as required
- Successfully complete and implement Advanced Store Training
- All store management work with associates to manage all common associate areas (i.e. break rooms and training areas) to make sure they are inviting in appearance and reflect "Our People Are Great"
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports **
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation **
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one-two years' experience in customer service, plus six months management experience; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age/19 in Idaho
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis and work any shift
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Barista certification
- Any licenses or certificates required by federal and/or state
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Related experience
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes
*Jobs at Fred Meyer: *Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Company Name: Fred Meyer
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Merchandising, Healthcare, Retail
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening