Hospice Partners of America RN-Hospice Admissions in Tigard, Oregon
Serenity Hospice, a member of the Addus Homecare family, is seeking an outstanding clinician for a full-time Admissions Nurse position in Portland, Oregon. The admissions nurse orients and admits patients and families to hospice services, assesses needs, and plans and coordinates care in order to meet the end of life care needs of individuals and families in their homes and communities.
Do you demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills? Do you have the ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner? Are you self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision?
If you answered "YES" - apply TODAY!!
The admissions nurse:
- Orients and admits patients and families to hospice services, assesses needs, and plans and coordinates care in order to meet the end of life care needs of individuals and families in their homes and communities.
- Ensures comfortable transition of patient to hospice care by providing hospice education and orientation, patient education in disease process and preparation for end of life home care needs, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple hospice and non-hospice service providers.
- Reviews available medical records and completes initial assessment of patient to determine hospice appropriateness per Medicare guidelines. Requests additional documentation and information as needed.
- Documents complete history and physical assessment
- Develops a care plan based on patient and family end of life goals, using nursing diagnoses and incorporating palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient, family and when appropriate community providers such as facility staff, in the planning process.
- Initiates at the time of admission those preventative and palliative nursing procedures needed for patient comfort, safety and quality of life. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Documents response to interventions administered on admission as part of initial assessment.
- Arranges for needed delivery of supplies, equipment and medications.
- Confers with hospice Medical Director to ensure hospice appropriateness. Communicates with patient PCP regarding hospice admission, patient condition and initial plan of care. Requests and receives new orders as needed for pt comfort.
- Provides report to hospice on call team regarding new admission. Reports to Case Manager and other members of IDG to ensure prompt initiation of POC.
- Communicates with patient and family clearly, with respect, and in a manner that promotes patient dignity. Uses culturally competent communication that respectful of diverse communities.
- Uses therapeutic listening and communication techniques with patient and family. Teaches self-care techniques to patient and family as appropriate.
- Carefully guards patient right to privacy in accordance with values of respect dignity and HIPPA.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings as possible.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-services classes.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing
Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most.
There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
- At Serenity Hospice, you will enjoy an employment package that includes competitive pay and exceptional benefit offerings including:
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k with 6% Company Match
- Retirement Planning Services
- Metlife Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- LegalShield Legal Coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program with partnered product and service vendors
- Home/Auto Insurance discounts
- Paid Time off-vacation
- Paid Time off-Personal
- Paid Time off-Floating holidays
and more! Required Skills
Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Oregon.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understands hospice philosophy & regulatory guidelines and has a passion for impacting the lives of others
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with OR and/or company's requirements.
- Current CPR
- Current car insurance.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
At Serenity, our promise is that no one dies alone, afraid or in pain.
6 months direct hospice experience as a RN
Tracking Code: 1600-086
Job Location: Tigard, Oregon, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular