Cognosante Tester in Salem, Oregon
Location: Salem, OR
Travel: 100% onsite
Remote work option: No
V&V Tester will work with the project team to fully understand the test cases and the business requirements they represent. He/she will work collaboratively with Cognosante project leadership and the client in the development and execution of test scripts, tracking and reporting testing issues / defects, and any other items as requested by Cognosante team leadership.
Additional duties include:
- Providing input on the test strategy and test plan to ensure comprehensive automated and manual test efforts
- Reviewing documented test scripts and plans for quality, completeness, compliance, and effectiveness
- Writing test cases, creating test scenarios, and executing test cases for new functionality in the system
- Evaluating actual test results against test plans
- Working with automated testing tools
- Accurately entering data entry into tracking software
- Noting and logging defects
- Working directly with client onsite
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as tester involved in mid-scale or large scale system development projects (using test automation, test strategy, developing and executing test scripts and test plans)
- Knowledge of Federal and State health and human services (HHS) programs (i.e. SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Care Management, EHR, WIC, EBT, Child Care, Medicaid, CHIP)
- Experience in leading policy changes or implementation of new Federal or State HHS programs
- Ability to develop effective, positive working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, e.g. Word, Excel and online applications.
- Experience and execution of test cases using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.