FASTSIGNS International MASTER PROFILE: Production Specialist in Salem, Oregon
In the production room, this position is responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from computer cut vinyl and wide format full color printouts. Sign assembly includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl or other media according to written instructions. Also, mounting and/or laminating prints and operating and setting up the laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digital imaged products is required. Proofreading signs and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs is required.
PRODUCTION ROOM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic image(s) on a pre-determined substrate or medium.
- Prepare substrates for application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning and maintaining the substrates for application.
- Feed UV flatbed printer with substrate for printing purposes when necessary.
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut images. Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image. Know how and when to use each technique.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (bubbles, rough edges, loose seams).
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces.
- Install signs when necessary.
- Operate the laminator while maintaining proper fit and settings. Thread laminating or encapsulating material onto the machine, set temperature, pressure, and side guides for proper feeding of material.
- Help unload raw materials; clean and maintain storage areas.
- Maintain production rate consistency; meet or exceed established minimum rates per hour.
- Work on different projects simultaneously.
- Run proof sheet and secure approval for production run from supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Attention to detail is critical Participate in and practice the FASTSIGNS sales mentality of “Everybody Sells”. Constantly be looking for sales opportunities for the center. Serve as a backup for answering the phone if the franchise partner, manager and sales/service employees are busy assisting other customers. Assist at the front counter as needed. Understand the sales process enough to consult with customers to determine project needs and solutions.