EY Consulting Senior - Cybersecurity - Security Operations, Automation and Response in Salem, Oregon
Consulting Senior - Cybersecurity - Security Operations, Automation and Response
Requisition # UNI00GO7
Post Date Jan 07, 2021
In a rapidly changing IT environment, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks and vulnerabilities. As a member of our Architecture, Engineering and Emerging Tech team you’ll be right at the heart of that goal, helping clients gain insight and context to their cyber threats and assessing, improving, and building security operations in order to mitigate these threats. You’ll get to use your technical and business skills in order to help us drive this mission and have an impact on cyber security at a global level.
Cyber Automation Engineers review procedures relating to current threat management and response processes and design automated actions to accelerate the triage, validation, containment, eradication and remediation of security incidents. Cyber Automation Engineers will be familiar with leading security tools and industry standard scripting languages. Automation and Orchestration engineers will create, maintain and manage a library of automated playbooks for common information security threats and customize these plans for client specific environments.
What to expect
Cyber Orchestration Engineers are needed to review procedures relating to current threat management and response processes as well as design automated actions to accelerate the triage, validation, containment, eradication and remediation of security incidents. You must be familiar with leading security tools and industry standard scripting languages. Automation and Orchestration engineers will create, maintain and manage a library of automated playbooks for common information security threats and customize these plans for client specific environments.
Your key responsibilities
• Perform regular updates of existing Playbooks based on requirements provided by operations teams for changes in the Threat Landscape or a client’s security controls
• Drive continuous improvement of existing playbooks to address new threats and tactics employed by attackers
• Manage an inventory of integrations that enable broader playbook creation
• Produce new playbooks as threats change and new security tools and controls emerge in the market place based in requirements from operations teams
• Perform regular reporting on the usage of playbooks and the effectiveness of a playbook to conclusion
• Develop logic that bridges connectors, tasks and human input to accelerate the response to escalated security incidents
• Develop connectors that collect enrich and leverage data from third party and proprietary services
• Participate in client meetings to further optimize their specific operational plan based on our best practices and operational learnings
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 3-5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience
• Proven background in creating automation tools, automating web based services (
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to travel occasionally for client-site visits, team on-sites and strategic planning
• A driver’s license valid in the U.S
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Familiarity with *nix-based command line tools
• Familiarity with REST API best practices and usage
• Familiarity and experience with security orchestration and automation tools like Phantom, Swimlane and ServiceNow Secops
• Familiarity with common open source research frameworks
• CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cyber security. With your broad exposure across Architecture, Engineering and Emerging Tech we’ll turn to you to speak up with innovative new ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us – but also to the industry as a whole. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
• A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs