TEKsystems DataBricks Data Engineer (Fulltime Remote) in Remote, Oregon
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America.
TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure, and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values— relationships, commitment, serving others, and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The Databricks Data Engineer possesses 2+ years of experience developing and designing Databricks solutions and 6+ years in the Data Engineering, Data Integration, and BI space. The Data Engineer must be able to do a hands-on implementation of Big Data solutions, understand user requirements, design robust and scalable solutions, market the solution to client teams, and then implement it end to end integrating with 3rd party applications and services as needed.
• Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
• Helping build a rapid proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate Databricks solution hypothesis with tangible work products
• Designing highly available solutions on challenging business using multiple Databricks and Cloud components.
• Develop Databricks solutions using Delta Lake, Databricks Notebooks, SQL Analytics, MLFlow
• Direct collaboration with customers to understand the requirement and with architects to understand the architecture and build prototype and proof of concepts in Databricks platform.
• Develop data engineering pipeline using several techniques and frameworks leveraging multiple programming languages including Python, Scala, Java, and SQL
• At least 5 years of proven experience in designing and delivering data solutions from the ground up
• At least 5 years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architecture, in addition to primary application expertise
• At least 2 years of experience in Databricks based solutions, including Delta lake, Notebooks, and SQL analytics
• At least 3 + years of exposure in design and development of solutions for Big Data using the Hadoop ecosystem technologies (HDFS, Hive, Sqoop, Apache Spark, Scala, PySpark, Python).
• At least 2 years of experience with Back End Technologies, SQL, and Databases.
• At least 2 years of experience in working with software development tools and methodologies
• At least 3 years of experience in software/technology customer-facing role
• Degree in a technical discipline, such as Computer Science or Math
• 6+ years of total IT experience
Nice to Have
• Experience in implementing data science solutions using Databricks MLFlow
• Deep understanding of cloud architectures including GCP, Azure, AWS cloud, IBM Bluemix, and differentiating factors between the components.
• Knowledge of Data Pipelines, ETL Tools, MLOps, AI/ML, CI/CD, Cloud Certification, Chatbot experience, Cloud Certification
Coming from an SDCL and coding skills in Java or C# is a plus
US Remote and 20% travel after COVID
Medical, Dental & Vision
Short & Long-Term Disability
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Life & AD&D & Supplemental Life
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs