Mosaic Medical Medical Assistant Supervisor in Redmond, Oregon
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Medical Assistant Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the medical assistant team including hiring of staff, supporting performance achievement, conducting training and clinical practice review of medical assistants. The MA Supervisor also provides support of medical assistant schedule coverage and day to day support, identifying and helping to resolve staff and operational issues. Functions as subject matter expert for clinical practice, workflows and role responsibilities performing Medical Assistant (MA) role as needed.
• Act as clinic operational lead for system wide programs that impact the Medical Assistant role, including but not limited to; POCT/CLIA, Immunization Program, Phlebotomy, and Safety, serving as the clinic liaison with Clinical Safety Manager and Pharmacy Coordinator.
• Manage performance of the team, conduct monthly meet-ups and provide real-time and consistent coaching with all direct reports.
• Hold consistent and timely team meetings to communicate organization, site, and/or department information, changes, initiatives, etc.
• In collaboration with the site leadership team, support and/or lead process improvement, operational efficiency, quality initiatives, clinical meetings, and huddles.
Skills & Knowledge
Strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills a must. Evaluation of practice and ability to provide peer feedback a must. Ability to maintain positive attitude during times of change a must. Critical thinking and problem solving skills. Must have excellent written, verbal, telephone and. Knowledge of available basic community services. Computer and typing skills using Microsoft Windows® operating system. EHR experience, EPIC experience a plus. Bi-lingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Med Assistant
- 3 years: 3+ years of experience preferred. One year of people management and/or leadership experience preferred. Exemplary performance of all MA core job responsibilities; technical competencies, and behavioral competencies