CrowdStreet VP, Investor Relations in Portland, Oregon
Working at CrowdStreet
We are a team of 70+ dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors unparalleled access to CRE investment opportunities. Founded in 2014, CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone.
Our headquarters are in downtown Portland overlooking Pioneer Square, the “living room” of the city. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative environment. We offer great benefits including 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for employees, 3 weeks paid parental leave, local coffee, and a dog-friendly office. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
About the Role
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a VP of Investor Relations reporting to the CEO and to lead our investor recruitment, investor client management and investor operation teams focused on growing our investor base through both direct and channel initiatives, providing outstanding levels of engagement and service to our existing investors, and scaling our investor relations teams into the future. This role is based in Portland, Oregon.
What You'll Be Doing
• Lead the entire lifecycle of investor members at CrowdStreet and associated teams, which include: Investor Recruitment, Investor Engagement, and Investor Operations
• Partner with the marketing, investments, and other cross-functional team leaders to develop and implement strategies that grow the investor base and expand the investor member community through direct investor outreach, online marketing initiatives, and building extensive channel relationships.
• Lead, develop and participate in key investor and sponsor webinars as well as in-person conferences and investor meetups.
Investor Engagement and Client Management
• Scale existing processes and teams to support managing the investor member relationships through the holding period of active and repeat investors.
• Re-envision and format existing CrowdStreet engagement activities, including investor events.
• Work closely with product development to drive enhancements and scale existing process to support managing the investor member relationships through the holding period of active investors.
• Lead and develop KPI’s to which the investor relations team will be held accountable.
What We Must Have
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in investor relations, commercial real estate, capital formation, and private investments
• 5+ years of relevant investment management leadership experience with a combination of direct and channel development expertise
• 3+ years of direct experience in online marketplace business models
• Deep experience in working with accredited investors, qualified purchasers, and advisors
• Bachelor’s level degree, Business, Economics, Finance
• Proven project management skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to travel (10-25%)
Not Required, But Nice to Have
• Master’s level degree in relevant field
• Experience with Private Placement Memorandums and investor subscription agreements
• Experience in raising capital from family offices
• FINRA Securities licenses (7,63, etc.)
How to apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.