CVS Health Systems Administrator in Portland, Oregon
The Wellpartner Systems Administrator is responsible for providing tactical infrastructure support with a focus on system reliability, performance/problem management, vulnerability management, and the ongoing evolution of the Wellpartner 340B operating environment. This individual will work alongside other Wellpartner team members to provide ongoing health & performance monitoring, problem resolution, and capacity management. Will support/implement strategic infrastructure intiatives as defined by technical operations leadership and as requested by internal clients including Development, Client Implementation, and Client Operations. Will support and work to actively improve platform service levels as defined by the business. Candidate must be organized and work well independently and in a team environment. Should be detail oriented and value ongoing technical development.
• Monitor and respond to day to day issues relating to infrastructure elements in the Wellpartner environment including Windows Server and Workstation, Linux, vSAN/VMWare, Pure FlashArray Storage, and Rubrik. Continually review and propose solutions to resolve recurring issues, improve process, and improve platform performance. Provide ongoing issue management and engagement of necessary vendors to ensure prompt resolution and RCA as needed.
• Support ongoing vulnerability and patch management processes to ensure infrastructure elements remain compliant with Wellpartner and greater CVS Health security patch management targets and continue to operate in a a reliable state.
• Improve operational efficiency through automation using Powershell and other tooling as prescribed by team standards and goals
• Provide ongoing platform support to various dependent teams including Development, Client Implementations, and Client Operations as requested through platform ticketing systems
• Must feel comfortable patching critical revenue generating systems infrastructure in a 24/7/365 application delivery environment and be comfortable with the development of change tickets for covering deployment / rollback, etc.
• Able to respond to an on-call rotation at times if coverage is required
• Should be service oriented and a strong communicator
• Should have a strong grasp of performance management concepts including real time performance monitoring with perfmon/resource monitor, PRTG or other similar monitoring tools
• Should have experience managing workloads in both on-premise and Azure/GCP/AWS Environments
4+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator, SRE, Infrastructure Engineer or relatable role with a focus on Windows Server
4+ years of experience working with VMWare operations including vMotion, snapshot, clustering, configuration in a both iSCSI/NFS environment.
1+ years of experience with Active Directory / Active Directory Certificates, Azure AD, OpenLDAP/LDAP and fluent in Powershell, Bash, etc.
1+ years of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and similar configuration management frameworks
Experienced with vSAN, vCenter Deployment and ongoing management.
Experience with internet protocols and technologies including IPv4/v6, TCP/UDP, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH+SFTP, SMB3.
HL7 Interface experience ie. Nextgen Mirth, Cloverleaf
Redhat/CentOS 7 patch management and day to day maintenance.
Pure Storage and Rubrik Management experience
Experience in participating in enterprise change management processes (ITIL) via HPSM, ServiceNow.
Experience with the Wellpartner 340B Infrastructure Environment.
SCOM, BladeLogic, or Solarwinds Patch Management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs