Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) SUPPLY TECHNICIAN in Portland, Oregon
This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number* D1953000*and is part of the Oregon National Guard 142nd Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon Air National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
* Areas of Consideration*: Area 1 - Current permanent or conditional Title 32 Technicians of the Oregon ANG. Area 2 - Current permanent or conditional Title 5 Employees of the Oregon ANG. Area 3 - Current service members in the Oregon ANG. Area 4 - Individuals in the Active Duty US Air Force, Air Force Reserve, or Air National Guard who hold or have held the AFSC. Area 5 - US Citizens eligible to meet the military requirements for membership in the Oregon ANG.
Learn more about this agency
As a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, GS-2005-7, this position is located in the Maintenance Support Section of the Materiel Management Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The position is the Customer Service Representative performing Flight Service Center (FSC) duties within the Maintenance Support Section. The primary purpose is the point of contact for interfacing with the Global Logistics Support Center (GLSC) on behalf of the maintenance customers. Responsibilities include periodic visits to maintenance work centers; providing guidance for maintaining bench, operating, and shop stock; and assisting users in resolving any materiel management related problems; managing supply points, time-change, time compliance technical orders, Due-in From Maintenance (DIFM) management, awaiting parts, turn-around, local manufacture, command intensive management items, quality deficiency report programs, and the Air Force Repair Enhancement Program.
(1) Performs mission capability (MICAP) verification, reports and processes cannibalization actions. Establishes upgrade, downgrade, or cancels MICAP due-outs. Monitors status of items. processes local manufacture (LM) MICAPs and corrects discrepancies identified by the GLSC resulting from MICAP Enterprise Supply Solution (ESS) reconciliation.
(2) Establishes requirements for customer using automated systems and notifies customer of asset availability. Researches required information to perform item record loads. Processes issues, kills, and rejects management notices, status changes and cancellations.
(3) Processes Aircraft Document Review (ADR). Processes status inquiries and reconciles aircraft orders.
(4) Manages the DIFM listing, validates/updates DIFM listing with status by processing required transaction as necessary. Performs DIFM reconciliation with both maintenance and supply customers to ensure verification of current status and asset location. Updates DIFM monitor appointment letters. Processes DIFM turn-in (TIN) and turn-around (TRN).
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must have valid state drivers license.
- May be required to work a swing or evening shift.
- Military Grades: Enlisted Oregon Air National Guard
- Compatible Military Assignments: 2S0X1 (Minimum 5-level required).
- May convert to permanent status without further competition.
GENERAL and SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your submitted documents will be reviewed for the competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job duty listed above. Within your resume you will need to detail your capabilities. You will need to demonstrate 12*months of experience*which has shown work involved in performing clerical or technical supply support work necessary to ensure the effective operation of ongoing supply activities. Work is performed in a wide range of systematized supply operations, such as performing administrative functions in inventory, storage, cataloging, receipt and control processes. Experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems along with the detailed specialized experience related to this position.
A review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
- Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Well Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
In order to qualify for this position you must: 1. Submit complete resume and other required supporting documentation as necessary.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents: Cover Letter, DD-214, OF-306, Police Records Check Form DD-369, Resume, SF-50, and Transcript
*Any AGR applicants must contact the Point of Contact's within the announcement for direction's on how to apply via email or telephone call.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Oregon National Guard 142nd Fighter Wing 6801 NE Cornfoot Rd Portland, OR US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application. If you have any additional questions, please contact either of the two point of contacts below.
SSG Velasquez, Pedro 503-584-3926 firstname.lastname@example.org
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. 503-584-3975 email@example.com
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499395000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/11/2018 to 06/01/2018
Salary: $43,932 to $57,110 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Temporary - Indef with Conversion Rights