MKS Instruments Inc Software Test Engineer - Portland, OR in Portland, Oregon
Software Test Engineer - Portland, OR
Location: Portland, OR
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Classification: Full Time
This role is responsible for designing and delivering test methods for the software and embedded firmware that drives MKS|ESI’s leading-edge manufacturing systems. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers focused on developing cutting edge technology in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing testing methods, capturing and documenting test results, and providing recommendations to improve software reliability and robustness. MKS|ESI rewards talent with opportunity, and the successful candidate’s impact will grow as rapidly as they do.
· Proficient in one or more object-oriented software development languages (C# / C++ / Java).
· Experience with .NET application development and Visual Studio.
· Experience with unit, functional, and automated testing.
· Logical and analytical problem solving skills.
· Foundation in algorithm design and analysis.
The Ideal Candidate may have
· Familiarity with industrial hardware (motors, sensors, etc).
· Experience designing software or test for embedded systems is a plus.
· Familiarity with GIT revision control is a plus.
· Travel will only be required for essential/critical business due to COVID-19
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
· 2-5+ years of experience developing software for hardware.
Special Skills and Abilities
· Works with integrity and ethically and is able to inspire the trust of others.
· Track record of good academic performance.
· Fundamental Engineering Knowledge (basic physics, calculus, problem solving).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, high tech environment.
Ability to travel to internationally in support of ESI customers.We are interested in a qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not sponsor employment visas. Travel expectations are dependent upon world-wide COVID situation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of radiation and electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.