Oregon Health & Science University RN, Interventional Radiology/Angiography, FT, Days in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Functions/Duties of Position
The Interventional Radiology (IR) department provides care for both outpatients and inpatients across the age continuum (pediatric to geriatric) who are having diagnostic and /or therapeutic neuro and body interventional radiology procedures.
The IR nurse provides skilled nursing care and sedation services to patients during their time in the department. For inpatient ICU transfers, nursing care may include invasive hemodynamic monitoring, care and management of the ventilated patient, management of vaso active drips and care and management of EVD’s. The IR nurse must be skilled in recognizing complications or changes in the patient’s condition and in communicating and responding effectively in emergent situations. The department provides 24/7 services to patients via on-call staff.
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- External applicants: Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Internal applicants: Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
- BSN, BLS, ACLS and PALS must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
- BSN, BLS, ACLS and PALS must not expire during orientation or probation period, and must have the same expiration date (upload documentation with online application)
- Communication skills including fluency in written and oral English
- Ability to stand up to 4 hours without sitting
- Ability to wear protective lead gear for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate moving throughout entire shift
- Fast paced procedural environment, with often competing priorities and quick turn-over of patients
- Minimum 2 years total Critical Care or like experience (PACU, ED)
- Knowledge/experience related to arterial and venous femoral access/sheath management
- Knowledge/experience related to moderate/conscious sedation administration and recovery, as well as anesthesia recovery
- Annual completion of moderation/deep sedation competency and continued demonstration of skills and knowledge
- Knowledge/experience related to safe chemo precautions
- Specialty certification – CRN, CCRN.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Current OHSU employees: BSN preferred
- ICU Experience: 4-6 weeks
- ED, PACU, PICU Experience: 6-8 weeks
- Resource: 4-6 weeks
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: RN, Interventional Radiology/Angiography, FT, Days
Department: Interventional Radiology/Angiography
Location: OHS 11A68
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 0.9, Full Time (72 hours per two-week period)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 0715-1645, with rotating days off and call shifts required
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Job Type: Union Represented (ONA)