Oregon Health & Science University RN, Center for Women's Health, FT, Days in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Functions/Duties of Position
The RN Lactation Consultant will be working closely with Patients (inpatient and outpatient), Providers, Nurses (both on the inpatient and outpatient side), and staff to implement a plan of care for breastfeeding Mothers before and after discharge at OHSU. This position is unique as the Lactation consultant will see patients during their stay at OHSU after Delivery to ensure they are getting all of the Lactation Support needed. Additionally, the Lactation Consultant will see patients after they have been discharged, in the clinic setting to help support Mothers and their lactation needs.
The RN Lactation Consultant will collaborate with both the inpatient and outpatient RN’s to help facilitate the best possible outcome for the Mother and Infant.
OHSU facilities. The Registered Nurse assesses patient and family needs, develops a plan of care, implements and evaluates the care delivered. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
- External applicants: Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Internal applicants: Associate's Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
- Current unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
- Current IBCLC certification
- 1 year experience as a RN
- 1 year current experience in OB/GYN
- 1 year current experience in outpatient clinic
- Ability to maintain a smooth operation of the entire practice, using problem-solving and decision-making combined with sound clinical judgments
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to send/receive email, navigate information technology associated with the position, and use Electronic Health Record information and tools
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period
- Able to lift 50 lbs independently
- Complies with the safe patient mobilization policy when lifting or positioning dependent patients, including using mechanical lifts and coordinating the assistance of other personnel.
- Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking
- Reasonable accommodations include corrective lenses and/or hearing aids
- The work environment carries risk of exposure to human tissue/fluids and radiation
- Must be able to deal with competing needs and priorities of internal and external customers, including making correct judgments regarding ensuring safe conditions for patients, families, and other personnel
- Use of all hospital approved clinical equipment. Significant use of computers, copiers, multi-line phones, and fax
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Ability to work a 10 hour shift
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Neurosciences Acute Care
- Experience in:
- Trach/Artificial Airway Management
- Lumbar Drains
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse and/or Certified Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse
- Approximately 12 weeks
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: RN, Center for Women's Health, FT, Days
Department: Center for Women's Health
Location: KPV 7180
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 0.8, Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Salary Range: Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Job Type: Union Represented (ONA)