Volunteers of America Oregon Recovery Mentor in Portland, Oregon
Portland, OR, USA
Position Summary:The Recovery Mentor provides substance use recovery support services for African American adult men receiving care in the Harry Watson Homebase Program, a 9-bed cohort model. The Recovery Mentor also provides intensive outpatient addiction disorder services and recovery support services, at VOA Outpatient Treatment Services program. Support services may include assistance with benefits paperwork, linkage to recovery resources, including the recovery community, medication assistance, and teaching and modeling positive recovery skills. This position must be filled by a male-identifying individual to meet contractual requirements.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- MHACBO Recovery Mentor certification (CRM) required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience working with men who are in recovery from substance use disorders, and men who are experiencing mental illness.
- Experience with engagement enhancement strategies.
- Experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, coworkers and community partners.
- Understanding of African American culture to interact effectively with participants.
- Mission-focused and passionate.
- Commitment to the highest level of ethical and professional standards.
- Knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multicultural and diverse socioeconomic situations.
- Basic computer skills and ability to document services in an electronic record.
* *Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- If recovering from a substance use related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years, and maintain throughout employment duration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide recovery support services and mentoring for Harry Watson Homebase Program clients.
- Provide services that may include assistance with benefits paperwork; linkage to recovery resources, including the recovery community.
- Teach and model positive recovery skills.
- Monitor and assist clients with medications.
- Count medications, dispose properly of medications as needed and ensure that medications are accurately recorded in logbook.
- Provide supervision of clients to ensure a safe, secure, and sanitary environment. Provide crisis support as needed.
- Write and maintain accurate and timely treatment documentation including electronic health records.
- Promptly communicate treatment, policy, and security issues to appropriate staff member.
- Participate with team members (clinical, administrative and support staff) in a collaborative manner that contributes to healthy team functioning.
Schedule:Part-time overnight shift, 20 hours/week; This is a weekend position with flexibility for a Friday and Saturday shift, or Saturday and Sunday shift, 9 pm to 7:30 am.
*Pay range: *$16 - $18.20/hr + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted: November 14, 2020
Rate: $16 USD per hour
Close Date: 11/29/20