Aerotek Project Accountant in PORTLAND, Oregon
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following but other duties may be assigned.
• Preparation and submittal of monthly project pay applications and various accompanying reports as required. Experience with Guaranteed Maximum Price billings preferred.
• Understand terms in contracts and Subcontractor contract and apply across all job duties.
• Set up of new Projects in Viewpoint including budgets, templates and any special requirements per Contract.
• Monthly preparation of assigned Project Work in Progress reports and review/discuss with Project Manager.
• Weekly meeting with Project Management team to review Subcontractor Contract and Change Order Buy Out status.
• Collection and review of subcontractor progress billings to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Preparation of Subcontractor and Owner Change Orders.
• Work with Project Managers to ensure funding is received timely in order to pay subcontractors.
• Review and approve payables weekly for payment.
• Communicate with project personnel and external vendors for Pavilion Construction project related questions and requests.
Construction, Project accounting, Accounting, viewpoint, Textura, General ledger, Month end, Reconciliation, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Financial statement
Top Skills Details:
- 3+ years of experience in construction project accounting.
• Proficient knowledge of the computer, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Prefer experience with Viewpoint Construction Management Software.
• Prefer experience with Textura Payment Management software.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen’s and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edit’s work for spelling and grammar;
Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback;
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes accounting tasks correctly
and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments;
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs