Kimpton Hotels Part Time Housekeeper - incl. Sundays in Portland, Oregon
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The position is responsible for cleaning rooms in the hotel by following service standards. The schedule would likely be 2 -- 4 days per week, including weekends. We're flexible, so mention your ideal days when you apply, and we may be able to arrange for them!
- Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish and service guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Greet any and all guests with a "Good Morning" (or afternoon, evening).
- Replace linens on beds and replenish guest room supplies.
- Empty wastebaskets.
- Rearrange furnishings, drapes and room accessories.
- Provide necessary linen and amenities to guests in accordance with the guest room legend.
- Leave the guest room in uniform arrangement as determined by the Executive Housekeeper and make sure the door is closed and the room is locked.
- Report any damage, hazards, repairs, and strangers in assigned areas.
- Return any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a lost and Found item and writing: the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Respond to any projects or requests developed by the Housekeeping management team.
- Restock cart at end of shift and organize the linen closet to prepare for the next day.
- Other housekeeping duties as assigned.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Must be able to speak some English to communicate with guests. Must be able to recognize situations which may involve guests that require immediate supervisory attention. Must know and use reasonable care for the safety and security of the guests.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.