JEA Senior Living Medication Aide - Part-Time 1st Shift in Portland, Oregon
Who we are:
Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center, a JEA Senior Living community, is an established and dedicated memory care community, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful and unique to them. Through in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what Pacific Gardens has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Apply via Indeed ad or Visit our JEA Senior Living Careers Page (https://jeaseniorliving.hcshiring.com/jobs?openOnly=true) (https://jeaseniorliving.hcshiring.com/jobs?openOnly=true)
Watch our Video (https://vimeo.com/246856883) or visit us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/jea-senior-living) to learn more about JEA Senior Living
Pacific Gardens is an Established Dementia care facility where we pride ourselves in our philosophy of Care. Our interaction with our residents are specifically created to promote dignity and respect. We strive to incorporate a familiarity and balance into each resident’s experience, ensuring a deserved contentment and cherished sense of belonging.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience as Caregiver for the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Must complete Medication Aide training (and certification in states where required) Essential Functions:
Provides medication assistance for residents in accordance with state regulations and company policy including; pouring, preparing, assisting with administration, and documentation
- Assists in maintaining the medication cart and storage room in a neat and orderly manner
- Accepts responsibility for accurate medication counts and for security of the medication cart and medication storage room for assigned shifts
- May be called upon to assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility, as needed
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care and medication assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all documentation such as medication administration records, incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times as needed
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
- May be called upon to assist with Caregiver housekeeping responsibilities.