Oregon Health & Science University EVS Technician - Relief in Portland, Oregon
Functions/Duties of Position
To provide hospitals and clinics with a clean environment for staff, patients and visitors. To perform custodial duties for all hospitals and clinics which provides for a quality and environment conductive to good patient care.
Responsible for the general cleaning of both patient and non-patient care areas such as office and bathrooms in the hospital and clinics. Empties wastebaskets, cleans walls and other surfaces, spot cleans windows and mirrors, cleans and sanitizes toilets, sinks and showers, fills dispensers, dusts, sweeps, mops, vacuums carpets, picks up litter, and sweeps steps. Stocks shelves and/or cleaning carts with needed supplies, cleans the cart and equipment at end of shift, tests new products, and may requisition needed supplies. Moves and arranges furniture for various functions; may coordinate the work of students or other helpers.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Must demonstrate a stable work history
- Able to communicate in English
- Must demonstrate regular attendance
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Serve as a positive and professional role model
- Must maintain core competencies and demonstrate continuous application of these skills throughout the period of employment
- Busy environment with lots of interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions
- Must demonstrate regular attendance by coming to work on scheduled working days
- Must be able to work independently and get along with all staff, visitors, and patients
- Requires a high level of physical activity
- Must be reasonably strong and agile, able to bend, stoop, climb, walk, and do light lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace
- A great deal of the day is spent on your feet
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Some custodial experience preferred including some floor care experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: EVS Technician - Relief
Department: Environmental Services
Location: OHS 230
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 0.0, Relief
Salary Range: $15.00-$18.29 per hour
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)