Portland State University Director of Transportation & Parking Services in Portland, Oregon
Position Number: D98586
The Director provides leadership, expertise, and management for PSU’s Transportation and Parking Services department, serves as an advocate for accessible, sustainable, and efficient transportation options for the PSU community. The Director oversees a team of 13 full-time and 45 student employees, as well as a $10 million budget. This position is responsible for managing nearly 4,000 parking spaces in 14 locations, parking demand, permitting of vehicles, enforcement and maintenance of facilities. This position oversees a variety of transportation programs including a bicycle shop, bike parking, subsidized transit programs, and car-sharing and carpooling programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of management experience in an operations setting, or 12+ years of experience.
- 3+ years experience in project management or strategic planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to sustainable transportation programs and planning.
- 5+ years of experience in financial management and oversight including developing budgets, forecasting, cash/card handling, auditing and statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing formal documents, facilitating meetings and giving presentations to large audiences.
- Extensive experience handling difficult customers in a calm and respectful manner.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in effectively interacting with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in higher education or a public sector institution.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of transportation or parking administration.
- 3+ years experience managing transportation demand management programs such as public transit pass subsidies, carpool programs, bicycle programs and infrastructure and carsharing.
- Experience managing union-represented employees.
- Credentialing such as CAPP (Certified Administrator Public Parking) or CPP (Certified Parking Professional).