LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions Diesel Technician in Portland, Oregon
Pay: $22-$25 P/H DOE
Shift: 1st 7AM-4PM PM M-F
• Diagnose mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, engine and transmission.
• Complies with Federal and state requirements by testing engine, and safety. • Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
• Diagnose and repairs tires according to Tire Maintenance Standards.
• Examines protective guards, specifies safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• 3 years of experience as a heavy-duty truck equipment/diesel mechanic
• A high school diploma (or equivalent) • Vocational Training and/or Technical Certificate or equivalent
• Experience in all mechanical and electrical repairs on vehicles such as engine and hydraulic systems, air conditioning repairs, drivability diagnosis and electrical, metal fabrication and wiring problems.
• A valid driver's license (Class A license preferred, but not required)
• Provide own tools and possess ability to safely and effectively use them
• Must be able to perform basic computer operations
• Must be dependable and report to work on time
• Must be able to communicate effectively with management, drivers, yard and dispatch personnel
• Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
• Good written and verbal communication skills
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS: The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
• Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes. • Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises.
• Push / pull up to 50 lbs. pounds’ force.
• Occasional sitting, ladder climbing, overhead reaching, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
• Frequent standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, and firm grasping.
• Constant forward reaching and simple grasping.
Refer this job to a friend
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.
Call us at, Press Option 2 for a Recruiting Specialist.
Email us at