Palo Alto Networks Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst - Crypsis (Remote) in Portland, Oregon
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Crypsis Group is seeking a Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team. The Threat Intelligence Analyst will be a member of the professional services team and is responsible for partnering with executive leadership and other internal team members by providing critical information to combat potential threats
• The Threat Intelligence Analyst will have experience with and understand various methods of using publicly available data to recognize relationships between individuals, businesses, and other entities.
• Responsible for mapping out malicious internet infrastructure and identifying additional, related assets.
• Analyze activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
• Develop dashboards to assist in automation and awareness for incident response and review incident logs/records mining for patterns.
• Researches Internet sources and threat intelligence databases to try and find evidence in customer logs.
• Hands-on experience with DNS, subdomains, user tracking technology, certificates, and other website and application components.
• Understanding what information can and cannot be gleaned from various social media services around the world.
• A solid sense of ethics, legalities and industry standards surrounding open-source intelligence gathering.
• Actively participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes to expand and mature capabilities for the organization.
• Experience monitoring or understanding deep dark web forums is a plus.
• Thrive in culturally diverse research matters and be aware of cultural, social, and linguistic norms that may impact findings. (Fluency or proficiency in multiple languages a plus)
5 plus years of professional experience in a related role.
Offensive security reconnaissance skills are desired, but not required.
Experience adhering to rigorous and detailed instructions while also thinking creatively and solving problems. Attention to detail is a must.
Proven ability to work analytically while demonstrating effective leadership, project management, teamwork, and innovation.
Experience in working with smaller teams and/or start-up organizations.
Ability to travel as needed/required (25% or less).
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective an incident response, attack-readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Palo Alto Networks
- Palo Alto Networks Jobs