Curtiss-Wright Corporation Customer Service Representative in Portland, Oregon
The Opportunity | Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative II role supports assigned engineering, sales and manufacturing groups in meeting the needs of customers.
- Handle incoming customer calls and emails regarding new orders, change orders cancellations, complaints, and shipment requirements. Answer customer inquiries regarding technical information in a timely manner.
- Expedite existing and new orders, coordinate with manufacturing, shipping, sales, engineering and other related departments. Process and complete order entry. Actively research customer questions regarding shipment and delivery concerns. Maintain and monitor customer orders and follow production progress.
- Complete customer order releases via phone, email, web based requests and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transmission. Periodically request engineering changes.
- Set-up contracts for new and existing customers. Ensure all information is entered in a timely and accurate manner.
- 2-5 years of customer service experience -- manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- High School diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Experience working in various computer programs such as MS Office, Outlook, Excel and MRP systems
- Strong data entry skill -- 10 key touch
- Exposure to shipping logistics, preferred
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled