Riverview Community Bank Customer Service Manager II or III in Portland, Oregon
Supervises the branch operations function - typically in a large or high-volume branch - which includes quality service, compliance with Riverview policies and procedures, and staff supervision. Assists the Branch Manager by effectively cross-selling Riverview products and services, and coaches staff to develop and improve individual cross-selling skills.
• ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide customer service and use problem solving skills to satisfy customer needs (may be in person and/or via the telephone). Monitor the quality of branch customer service and customer relationships.
• Supervise Customer Service Representatives in all duties, including training and development and performance appraisal, making recommendations to the branch manager on hiring, corrective action and/or termination.
• Perform computer data entry and customer inquiries; process, record, track and verify various types of financial transactions, information and events. Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
• Cross-sell Riverview products and services, open new accounts and coach staff to develop and improve individual cross-selling skills.
• Prepare and/or complete and monitor various reports and forms accurately to be in compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Ensure balanced staffing levels to provide quality service and maximize sales while ensuring cost containment.
• Follow and instruct others on proper branch operational security procedures.
• Ensure branch operational efficiency and compliance.
• Facilitates training objectives, including time allotment and coordination of electives.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in and completes training objectives with passing scores.
• Responsible to monitor and assess staff training regularly and in a timely manner.
• Follow all Riverview policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Frequent contact with supervisor to receive direction and interpretation of sales/marketing/cross-selling goals.
• Daily contact with customers and prospective customers providing assistance to fulfill their banking needs.
• Daily contact with branch staff to give direction and interpretation of existing and new branch procedures.
• Coordinate with the Retail Service Manager (RSM) for staffing, Fiserv or other operational issues.
• Periodic contact with other branch and department staff who provide assistance and coordination of products and services.
• Occasional contact with members of professions with whom the incumbent must consult from time to time, i.e., attorneys, accountants, and other financial intermediaries.
Directly supervises 1 to 5 employees (or FTE) in branch operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing prospective employees as well as training new hires. Is also involved in planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven leadership skills within an efficient branch environment. Continued education in related subjects is strongly encouraged.
If the position is filled by a candidate who will act as an MLO, the candidate must be registered in the NMLS, and must complete the process prior to taking applications beyond the deminimus exception allowed by the Safe Act. A mortgage loan originator or MLO is an individual who (1) takes a residential mortgage loan application and (2) offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to promote the sale of products and services through verbal recommendation.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products and/or equivalent computer software applications preferred.
• High attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in working with computers, and peripheral vision in acknowledging customers and keeping a general awareness of activity in the work area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock in working with standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In supporting the accomplishment of company and departmental goals, it is the employee's responsibility to do all that is necessary to provide quality service to customers and fellow employees while furthering the positive image and interests of Riverview Community Bank. It is also the employee's responsibility to continually strive to enhance skills and professional growth.
Associates or better
Years Exp 5 or better in Related experience or training
or a combination of education and experience or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)