TEKsystems Continuous Testing Principal Consultant in Portland, Oregon
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values - relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The continuous testing (CT) principal consultant (PC) is normally responsible for the formation and leadership of teams during the formative stages of new engagements and for resetting the relationships in more challenging engagements. The PC is the primary contact between the client and TEKsystems and oversees the day-to-day until hand-off to a less senior resource is deemed appropriate.
As part of the leadership role the PC is responsible for developing and evolving an overarching test framework / solution that addresses continuous testing within the context of the value delivery stream. This would involve supporting all pre-sales activities as well as the initial roll-out of an appropriate testing framework.
In summary the principal consultant is a senior:
* client facing leader / technical resource;
* internal facing leader / technical resource;
* and pre/post-sales support resource.
In addition, the principal consultant:
* Maintains a "big and complete" picture view of the continuous testing, its dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc. and helps guide and direct the functioning of the testing engagement appropriately.
* Collaborates effectively with all constituents involved in continuous testing development & release activity including development, testing, technical publications, marketing, program management and other entities to ensure execution and deliverables per plan.
* Has a wide-reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond the confines of the testing and spans across the entire client landscape.
* Is expected to pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements. Also, defines/modifies processes as needed.
* Influences Technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
* Involved in hiring activities, mentoring, and management of team members.
* Ability to work with teams and lead teams; this point cannot be emphasized enough since at this level, the last thing that would be acceptable is silo behavior or merely trying to be an individual star performer. Being able to get the team to perform at an outstanding level is essential here. The "ability to influence" despite not having direct reporting relationships is crucial.
* Excellent communication skills; within and outside of the testing teams, across teams, with customers - both horizontally and vertically, is important. Effective negotiation skills are essential too.
* Self-management is a key attribute expected of a PC; being able to work without the need for follow-up or "too much" management is important. The PC must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
* Ability to set goals is also fundamental; in many instances, the PC will need to define and set goals including stretch-goals as appropriate
* Knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes and practices, tools and techniques and their integration into the delivery value stream.
* Patience is valuable, especially in all dealings with team members. This is especially true when trying to mentor or guide other team members, the ability to articulate in ways that are understood by the listener at their level is necessary while also possessing good listening skills.
* Sound Project Management abilities and experience.
* Software analysis and design knowledge/experience is needed while also having a solid background in continuous testing, CI/CD, and DevOps. Must have hands-on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing and be able to review requirements, design and code as needed.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* Exposure to a minimum of 15+ years continuous or related field experience, including 7+ years in a leadership / consulting role
* Experience as a:
o test designer (3+ years)
o test automation engineer (3+ years)
o test manager / lead (10+ Resources over 2+ years)
o business analyst or requirements analyst (3+ years)
o test methodologist (3+ years)
* Experience as a developer is useful though not essential.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.