Precision Castparts Corp. CNC Machinist - LPC-S/067 in Portland, Oregon
Job Description *
To operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) milling machines to rough and finish machine castings, and complete targeting machining to meet customer and PCC specifications.
- Sets up and runs multiple CNC milling machines as needed.
- Completes cleanup and preventative maintenance of machines during programmed machine runs.
- Edits and develops CNC programs.
- Coordinates and oversees new CNC program testing and debugging.
- Creates and implements production procedures, documentation and communications.
- Checks tool offsets and controller program functions.
- Reviews and follows technique cards, set-up cards and tooling sheets.
- Selects proper tooling for machine operation as directed.
- Ensures quality of tooling.
- PCC's Fork Lift Driving Safety Training must be completed, as assigned.
- Meets all production and quality standards.
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Required overtime.
- Performs other task as directed.
- Completion of CNC machine technology program and at least 2 year of machining experience including targeting, CNC machining and programing and blue print reading, or an equivalent combination of classroom education, apprenticeship and experience.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications on Technique cards, job plans, Quality Control Manuals, blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to perform advanced shop math.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex machining issues as they arise.
- Thorough knowledge of tooling and set-up procedures.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to interact/coordinate activities with others.
- Ability to read and use mechanical measuring devices.
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
NOTE: Employee must supply their own full compliment of hand tools to satisfactorily meet quality requirements of the position.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Requisition ID: 178203.3