Oregon Health & Science University Clinical Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Functions/Duties of Position
The Clinical Engineer designs and supervises the implementation of specialized medical and laboratory instrumentation and equipment modifications; analyzes and provides consultation on new medical and laboratory equipment needs; provides in-service teaching and training; analyzes complex medical or laboratory equipment to define corrective maintenance and to develop appropriate preventive maintenance.
- Technical Consultation for planning and management of medical equipment through evaluation, purchase, implementation, use, and disposition
- Conduct incident investigations and manage equipment recalls and alerts
- Project Management of equipment requirements of facility and clinical projects
- Prepares training and reference material for technical staff and clinical equipment users
- Analyzes equipment and operational performance and leads quality improvement initiatives
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical or Clinical Engineering or related field; OR
- Certification by ICC/USCC as a Clinical Engineer; OR
- Associates degree in Biomedical Technology and ten years of BMET experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Busy office environment with multiple demands and interruptions, primarily working with computers, software, etc.
- Requires sitting for at least two hours at a time, extensive use of computer systems, ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must be able to speak clearly and can convey technical issues to non-technical staff and meet customer’s needs.
- Significant use of office technology.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Master's degree in Clinical Engineering, technology management, or Computer Science
- 2 - 4 years related experience.
- Advanced skills in Access, Excel, report design, Oracle.
- CCE, CBET
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Clinical Engineer
Department: Clinical Technology Services
Location: OHS 105
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Salary Range: $36.86 – $50.61 per hour
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)