C-2 Utility Contractors, LLC CDL Driver/Laborer - Portland in Portland, Oregon
Portland, OR, USA
C-2 Utility Contractors, LLC is looking for hardworking CDL Driver/Laborer to join our Team in Portland! C-2 Utility Contractors has been an industry leader in placing underground and aerial telephone, cable television and power facilities for over 40 years. CDL Drivers/Laborers perform a wide variety of manual duties in support of telecommunications construction. Prior experience with installation/repair/maintenance associated with underground utilities is preferred. CDL Required. Competitive pay & local work. Benefits & 401k available. Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required. C-2 Utility Contractors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Legal Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Incentive Programs
C-2 Utility Contractors, LLC (“C-2”) is a specialized service contractor focused on underground and aerial placement of telephone, cable television and power facilities. For cable television operator, services include line coaxial and optical fiber cable placement, splicing and home installation. For telephone customers, C-2 performs and manages all of the underground, aerial and buried service wiring work under master agreements.
Headquartered in Coburg, Oregon, C-2 was founded in 1977 and provides services in Oregon and Washington. C-2 is proud of its reputation as a service contractor with a commitment to quality and on-time completion. C-2’s experienced management team is committed to providing the best possible service and to meeting all of their customers’ needs in today’s fast paced and rapidly changing telecommunications industry.
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television, telephone systems and power facilities.
- Dig pit, trenches and/or indentations manually or mechanically
- Safely identify utilities in the trench/bore path
- Restore and landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Safety and correctly stub-up conduit and wire
- Performs site set-up and clean-up
- Clean vehicles, trailers, tools and equipment
- Safely load and transport equipment and materials to and from jobsites
- Safely and correctly direct multi-directional traffic with appropriate signage
- Follow simple instructions
- Customer Service - Be courteous and polite with customers and homeowners
- Dependability - Follow instructions, responds to management directions; takes responsibility for own actions
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety - Follow all safety guidelines. Is alert and aware of surroundings and working hazards. Wears hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, approved safety footwear, and seatbelt.
- CDL Class A is required
- Climb up and down ladders, machinery, and other objects
- Push, pull, reach, and frequently carry objects such as tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 80lbs
- Load and unload tools and equipment on truck
- Coordinate movement of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet
- Work at different heights
- All work is outdoors and subject to inclement weather conditions.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Licenses & Certifications
Comm Drivers License - A
Posted: August 31, 2020