Oregon Health & Science University Biomedical Equipment Technician 3 in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Busy office environment with multiple demands and Interruptions, primarily working with computer terminals, software, etc. May come in contact with radiations sources, human tissue/fluids, and may be exposed to excessive noise.
Requires sitting for at least two hours at a time, extensive use of computer systems, ability to lift at least 25 lbs. Must be able to speak clearly and can convey technical issues to non technical staff and meet customers needs. Must be able to deal with multiple priorities and demands. Significant use of office and clinical technology.
Functions/Duties of Position
The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) 3 does highly skilled work of considerable difficulty, performing repairs and services on all medical equipment, working very independently. This is the third of a three level series. The BMET 3 is distinguished from the lower levels by the degree of difficulty, complexity and scope of projects, repairs, and installations assigned. This level also acts as a subject matter expert on evaluations and recommendations of equipment replacements. At this level, the employee possesses the CBET certification.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Certification by the ICC/USCC as a Certified BMET; AND
- An Associate’s degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology and seven years of BMET experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience
- Understands and employs standard and specialized testing equipment, such as, safety analyzer leakage meters, digital and analog multimeters, electronic thermometers, optical wedges, oscilloscopes, voltage, time, event, and temperature recorders, tachometers, biological and physical signal simulators, voltage, resistance, temperature and time standards, and waveform generators.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Associate’s degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Biomedical Equipment Technician 3
Department: Clinical Technology Services
Location: OHS 105
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1630
Salary Range: $33.73 – $46.32 per hour
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)