HSS Inc Biomedical Equipment Field Service Supervisor in Portland, Oregon
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise, direct, and support the daily operations of the defined service area ensuring customer satisfaction from the efforts of the organization. The position is responsible for supervising the effectiveness and profitability of their respective areas. In addition, this position completes repairs, service work, and preventative maintenance on customer's medical equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service. Teach and mentor less experienced FSE with a focus on growing their ability and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Supervises and participates in hiring, and develops employees including discipline and termination activities.
- Assists in accounting-related issues for both internal and external customers.
- Attends various corporate-required regular meetings and participates in various committees as requested by the business unit manager or customer.
- Contributes to the flow of information between corporate and department and liaise in the decision-making process lending specific field expertise to these committees.
- Contributes information for the annual budget and corporate strategic plans by analyzing expenses, revenue, and capital budget requests while aligning department specific goals with HSS corporate goals.
- Participates in the budgetary process, makes purchases, and makes recommendations for organizational expenditures.
- Maintains direct customer contact through meetings, phone calls, and emails in order to foster excellent customer relations.
- Interfaces with direct reports and customers frequently to resolve technical or financial issues.
- Assigns activities for direct reports and verifies the completion of critical activities.
- Creates monthly reports as needed by customers.
- Participates in the capital equipment process. This position works and collaborates with other employees, prospective employees, clients, prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, guests, visitors, patients, and medical personnel.
- Provides customer support of non-PM and non-repair issues such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, and research issues.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
- Provides motivational and organizational guidance and support to the defined area by leading meetings, providing updates, scheduling work-related activities, and organizing daily operations to make the defined staff knowledgeable in their field and efficient in their job tasks.
- Organizes billing operations, changes billing operations when appropriate for streamlining workloads, makes billing-related decisions, and completes the billing process by providing invoicing to accounting department.
- Performs service work and preventive maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by customers.
- Repairs equipment as needed including: failure assessment, parts orders, delivery back to customers, and keeping customers informed of status.
- Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with customers to ensure medical equipment and technology is working within specifications.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work related activities.
- Teach or mentor less experienced technicians with a focus on growing their knowledge and ability.
- Provide management coverage when Manager is not available.
- Provide recommendations on equipment operation, replacement, or installation.
- Provide in-service training to equipment operators.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology
- Pursues and develops new business opportunities
- Provides input for marketing and sales development
- Responsible for the reporting of data for defined areas
- Assists Manager with business bookings
- Supervise a staff of 6-11 Service Technicians
- Associates Degree or equivalent Military training required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience performing medical equipment repair and maintenance
- Applicable industry certification required (i.e. CBET, CLES, CRES, Network, Pressure Vessel, etc.)
- Experience with general medical devices, test equipment, and hand tools
- Experience operating test equipment, troubleshooting equipment faults, and performing quality assurance testing of equipment
- Good knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Leadership, Communications, Customer Satisfaction Training preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform general arithmetic
- Ability to make complex decisions within short amount of time
- Ability to perform with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for equipment or instruments
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to meet HSS driving requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time working with various medical and repair equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a health care or medical environment. The ability to lifting 55lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights or on ladders is required. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled