University of Oregon Assistant Director of Employer/Alumni Engagement in Portland, Oregon
Assistant Director of Employer/Alumni Engagement
Apply nowJob no:522017
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Administrative/Professional, Business Administration/Management, Education, Student Life/Services
Department:Lundquist College of Business, Career Services
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$48,000 - $52,000 per year
Compensation Band:OS-OA04-Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Review Begins
April 20, 2018; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application:
• Cover letter explaining how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and preferred qualifications.
• Chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications.
• Names and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a current supervisor (or most recent supervisor if not currently employed). Candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted.
• Answers to the following supplemental questions:
Please describe how you would approach employer/alumni engagement for Lundquist Career Services?
Please describe how you have effectively built relationships with outside constituencies?
Since 1914 the Charles H. Lundquist College of Business has taught its students the critical skills they need to think for themselves, to be leaders in a dynamic world, and to make better decisions on behalf of the people and resources they manage. We are a top business school with a unique mission and vision that draws strength from our links to the Pacific Rim and the distinctive qualities of Oregon culture: innovation, sustainability, active lifestyles, financial stewardship, and respect for individuality and diversity within an increasingly global community.
The Assistant Director of Employer/Alumni Engagement at the Lundquist College of Business works to increase the number and variety of employers who hire Lundquist students.
The Assistant Director will be based in Portland. Their objective is to initiate contact with new employers to establish relationships while maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing employers. This person will conduct employer development visits (sales calls) to promote the College's programs and students and to advise employers about recruiting on campus. The Assistant Director's duties will also include event planning (e.g. networking receptions involving industry representatives, alumni and students).
The Assistant Director for Employer Engagement reports to the Senior Associate Director, Employer/ Industry Relations, Lundquist College of Business. This position collaborates with the Career Services Office in Eugene, and is part of a cross-functional team that engages members of the business community to facilitate the hiring of the College's students.
• Bachelor's degree in education, human services, business, or liberal arts is required.
• Three or more years of work experience in a corporate/industry or career services environment.
• Experience with event planning/coordination.
Flexible work schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
• A dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written, and public speaking skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to multitask. Exceptional time management skills.
• Exhibit a motivated/enthusiastic work style.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work nontraditional work hours including evenings, holidays or weekends.
• Ability to develop partnerships within a higher education setting and throughout the community is essential.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently work remotely.
• Master's degree in related area or the equivalent in relevant career counseling and job-search advising experience.
• Demonstrated experience working in a higher education student services setting is strongly desirable.
• An established network of local and statewide community contacts is very helpful.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:26 Mar 2018Pacific Daylight Time