Banfield Pet Hospital Analyst, Pricing in Portland, Oregon
The primary purpose and function of the Pricing Analyst is to conduct detailed analytics and reports on Pricing, Sales, and Cost related metrics; work cross-functionally with multiple teams on various projects; conduct comprehensive Market Reviews on a local level; and measure impacts of any changes within the organization
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage the practice pricing database ensuring accurate costs and pricing for all Banfield hospitals.
- Ensure system-wide compliance with practice pricing philosophy.
- Interface and partner with Commercial and Veterinary teams to ensure seamless cost/price/usage in all Banfield hospitals.
- Monitor, research and resolve price related issues from all Banfield hospitals.
- Partner with Formulary Committee to research, analyze and price new goods and services.
- Participate and assist in financial analysis and development of business cases to ensure profitability.
- Perform medical analysis of Veterinary economics data and related tools for populations based studies to identify medical cost drivers and areas of opportunity in all medical services categories.
- Assist with the evaluation of current and future medical management programs.
- Perform analysis of competitive and market intelligence to identify trends and business opportunities.
- Analyze medical costs and price information; translating into meaningful conclusions and recommendations for improvement and pricing.
- Manage a mix of regularly scheduled deliverables and ad hoc responsibilities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification o Required: Bachelor’s** o Field of Study: Business or finance
Knowledge/Experience o Years of Experience Required: 5 o In what area: Pricing, Purchasing, or Finance o Preferred: Services industry o Preferred: Veterinary o Required: Experience querying large amounts of data.
/**or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities/
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Job: *Consumer Marketing Insights
Title: Analyst, Pricing
Location: Oregon-Portland-Central Team Support Location
Requisition ID: CEN000ZM