KeyBank 2021 Summer Retail Banking Internship - Oregon in Portland, Oregon
2021 Summer Retail Banking Internship - OregoninPortland, ORatKeyBank - Campus
Date Posted: 11/19/2020
Employee Type: Intern
Location: 1211 Southwest 5th Avenue Portland, OR
Date Posted: 11/19/2020
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
The Retail Intern assists new and existing clients of the Bank with account transactions and uncovers opportunities that can help improve clients Financial Wellness. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues. The Retail Intern is a part of the branch team and through conversations with the clients uncovers financial needs, communicates opportunities and transitions clients to the branch relationship management team.
Retail Intern Functions
• Welcome clients, build rapport and provide outstanding service while performing account transactions.
• Participate as an active member of the branch team, following the Branch Playbook.
• Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures
• Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues
Build Client Rapport
• Provide excellent customer service to all KeyBank clients
• Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known
• Accurately process all financial service transactions
• Participate in client appreciation events
• Take ownership of client issues when possible, with the assistance of the branch management
• Help create and establish a business relationship between the Personal Banker and the client
• Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings
• Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch
• Coordinate time between Personal Banker and client for business meetings as necessary
Fulfill Client Needs
• Have a full understanding of Key s Financial Wellness strategy
• Continue to build the client relationship by viewing client accounts when performing transactions and identifying potential needs
• Participate in branch huddles to better understand specific client needs
• Maintain relationships with Personal Bankers and Branch Managers and notify them of client sales opportunities
• Ensure more complex sales activities/opportunities are handed off to the Personal Banker
• Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.