Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Planner/Scheduler in Oregon City, Oregon
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader in design and manufacturing for the orthopedic and medical device markets, including joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, sports medicine, extremities and dental. The company is able to do this by compressing time to market, providing new technologies and being the best total supply-chain value. Orchid provides expertise in design and development, quality and regulatory support, implant manufacture, advanced machining, plastics technology, instrument manufacturing, implant coatings, surface treatments, and packaging services. With 14 world-class facilities located around the globe, Orchid continues to provide others an opportunity to live a better life through the products, services and the way the company conducts business. Orchid employs approximately 2,000 people in five countries – US, UK, Switzerland, China and India. Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Planner/Scheduler performs diversified duties to create a production plan, develop schedules and execute customer shipments to ensure maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with established policies and procedures.The Planner/Scheduler reports to the Oregon Logistics Manager in the Supply Chain Group
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run the scheduling engine in Made to Manage; assure all sales order demand is captured correctly and all job orders are created correctly
- Release job orders to production
- Review customer forecasts and upload into scheduling engine
- Download scheduling data to Excel to review capacity and establish lead times
- Review load in each value stream on capacity spreadsheet; balance load where needed
- Set weekly/monthly plan for each value stream
- Review and update capacity models as needed
- Routinely review material availability to ensure that customer deliveries are on schedule
- Maintain inventory levels in accordance with established policies
- Work with customers to establish stocking agreements and economical order quantities
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned by management competencies.
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- Experience in an Oliver Wright “Class A” company preferred
- Medical manufacturing industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MRP, MRP 2 and ERP systems
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel to manage, analyze, and visually display data
- Knowledge of and ability to use the cross-functional features of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of TOC and Lean concepts and strategies and ability to apply those concepts to the planning/scheduling processes and function.
- Ability to contribute to short-term operational plans including describing the planning process and planning cycle, monitoring progress against plan as required to meet objectives, and anticipating and adapting to plan changes.
- Ability to estimate the time and resources required to complete tasks.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the processes, tools and services for managing data entry and reporting results.
- Knowledge of procedures and tools for scheduling and controlling production runs and assuring quality deliverables.
- Knowledge of the process, practices and systems used to optimize planning for manufacturing cycles and ensure capacity and materials availability.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
- Primary work hours are from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. However, due to business needs, work hours are subject to change including working some weekends and some overtime.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
- This position may require travel to other Orchid sites and has the potential for opportunities to move to other locations within the company.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related area
- 1-4 years direct experience in a supply chain/materials function
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certified, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values and leadership competencies is foundational.
- Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: We Are All Connected
- Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Oregon City OR