Stanley Black and Decker Supply Chain Manager in Milwaukie, Oregon
MF0200: Supply Chain Manager
Joining theStanley Black & Deckerteam means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future. Stanley Infrastructure is the world’s largest handheld hydraulic tool manufacturer and we’re a worldwide market leader. We deliver over 150 handheld hydraulic tools and over 30 mounted impact tools. And these are the tools that build your world.
Responsible for the Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Management functions for the Milwaukie, OR Hydraulic Tools manufacturing operation.
This role is a key member of the plant leadership team in a low volume high mix environment. The right candidate will have experience driving to best-in-class performance across all supply chain functions and act as a change agent to drive continuous improvement. In this role, the successful candidate will interact directly with all levels of management both inside and outside the plant and participate in functions and report outs where comfort with managing-up and presenting executive-level presentations will be expected. This position will be a role model for excellence that works to create an environment of learning, team goal alignment and accountability and works to identify and overcome any barriers to success.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business atwww.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker atwww.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the planning and purchasing team, including setting goals and managing performance to those goals. Plan and manage the development of the team. Team responsibilities include planning and purchasing of inventory and MRO for $31 million annual spend, and scheduling work flow for the Milwaukie, OR manufacturing operation.
- Responsible for defining and managing key supplier quality improvement needs, including supplier visits to review, plan, track, and execute corrective actions (with input from Quality and Engineering teams).
- Maximize the Milwaukie on-time delivery performance vs. target; define and implement corrective actions for continuous improvement. Develop on-time delivery performance metrics to better reflect service as viewed by the customers.
- Lead and manage the inventory performance of the Milwaukie, OR operation, as measured by inventory turns/DSI. This includes order point/lot size maintenance, purchase order backlog management, inventory accuracy improvement, disposition/execution of excess/obsolete inventory, improved planning systems, etc.
- Develop and evolve the information systems which are used by the Materials organization. This includes the Navision ERP system/MRP, forecasting software, and customized reports/programs to maximize staff efficiency and business performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for the planning/purchasing functions, as needed to support business requirements including ISO9000 and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Support the implementation of Lean principles in the Milwaukie operation, including elimination of waste in the planning and purchasing functions, using tools such as value-stream-mapping and Kaizen, and supporting all Lean implementation activities plant-wide.
- Leads the Operations team in the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP;) process – demand and supply planning.
- Manage and develop supplier base to support the Milwaukie operation. This includes locating and developing new suppliers and supplier performance management.
- Partner with Global Sourcing Management (GSM) team as required to support and leverage GSM Hydraulics Division productivity projects.
- Maximize the value of the supply chain including best pricing, on time delivery, quality and working capital (inventory/DSI and payment terms/DPO). Deliver year over year cost reduction and meet established productivity targets.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5-10 years experience in the Planning and purchasing functions in a large manufacturing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or other related field.
- Industry certification in the areas of 6-Sigma, APICS or other relevant industry training.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment utilizing real-time ERP/MRP platforms with concentration in Production Planning and Inventory Control. (Experience in forecasting software such as Navision, SAP, or other Systems a plus.)
- Management and leadership experience in leading both direct and matrixed reports.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS office applications.
- Must possess and have exhibited a high degree of leading individuals in the areas of planning, organizational, and analytical development.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 55055BR
Business: US - Industrial Tools Group - Hydraulic Tools