Precision Castparts Corp. Plant -LEAN Utility Worker - Deer Creek/271 in Milwaukie, Oregon
This is a position at our Deer Creek facility.
To get plant cleanliness and organization to a world class condition by assisting in the implementation of LEAN principles including 5S and continuous improvement. Participate in all aspects of designing and assembling fixtures, tables, carts and shop aides.
- Construct shop aids in support of 5S initiatives. Examples of shop aids are cutting wedges, boxes, trays, etc.
- Apply labels, paint and tape to flooring, shop aides and other equipment to assist in the organization of department during 5S activities.
- Actively interface with department personnel regarding continuous improvement efforts including cost saving and safety improvements.
- Construct and maintain X ray backups.
- Cut lightweight pipe and wood pieces and assemble with brackets, fittings and castors and then deliver finished component to department as needed.
- Assist in the design of various fixtures, shop aides and tables as requested.
- Develop and maintain parts list of material used for each department supported.
- Installation and maintenance of floor coatings.
- Managing incoming stores and maintaining stores to control costs.
- Basic welding, cutting and grinding tasks as assigned.
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Required overtime.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to lead a cleaning crew by scheduling tasks to meet deadlines.
- A minimum of six months experience using a variety of hand and power tools including but not limited to routers and table saws.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions, i.e. on work orders on MP2 work order system.
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate activities with others.
- Ability to perform basic shop math.
- Must possess organizational skills in order to organize information and materials and attend to details.
- A valid drivers license for positions that drive PCC vehicles.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift and or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds without assistance and occasionally up to seventy five pounds in team lifts or with mechanical aid.
Requisition ID: PCC-US.224940