Weyerhaeuser Professional Development Candidate in Lebanon, Oregon
We are committed to growing our team and developing future leaders through the Weyerhaeuser Wood Products Professional Development program. This role is designed to provide an exciting and interactive 12-month development experience at our Wood Product manufacturing facilities located in Lebanon, OR.
The Wood Products business desires to build a pool of talent to provide succession depth for future full-time position openings. The Professional Development role was created as an entry level position to introduce talented individuals to a variety of job experiences within the Wood Products businesses while developing those individuals for future placement across various locations throughout the Northwest. Professional Develop employees are assigned to work in the Northwest region for their initial development period but must be willing to relocate within this region when “readiness competencies” have been achieved for a role.
While in the program, employees will be accountable for growing their leadership abilities, technical skills, general business knowledge and developing a broad understanding of the manufacturing process. Participants will be mentored by seasoned technical and operations professionals as they are challenged to find innovative ways to create value while improving results. Throughout the assignments, there will be a heavy emphasis placed on safety, teamwork and process improvement.
Through this role you will: * Navigate an individualized, structured work plan offering rotational experiences spanning our entire manufacturing value stream * Lead/participate in targeted project assignments to improve plant performance * Quickly get up to speed and deliver solid results in functional assignments * Work directly with an assigned mentor * Develop your safety leadership skills * Learn and develop front line leadership skills * Provide individual contributions through metrics, reliability and process improvement projects * Receive and provide active feedback * Participate in teaming experiences with other PDC’s * Advance into alternative roles to meet company needs following successful completion of the program
- You must possess a strong drive to develop both your technical and leadership skills, demonstrate strong academic achievement, possess a strong work ethic, and pass a pre-employment drug test required of all Weyerhaeuser employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Wood Science, Business, or equivalent field is required
- Previous relevant internships/co-ops in a manufacturing setting is desired
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and build relationships
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Professional Development Candidate
Requisition ID: 01012514