Umpqua Bank Employee Relations Business Partner in Hillsboro, Oregon
The Employee Relations Business Partner will be a part of an employee relations team and provide consultation and guidance to management and associates on a variety of associate related issues, including performance management, corrective counseling, policy interpretation and investigations. Recommends appropriate action and partners with management and others to investigate and resolve HR issues. Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, laws, and regulations. Promotes treatment of employees in a fair, respectful, and consistent manner that works within the framework of our core business values and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coach, counsel and guide managers and associates on performance and policy expectations and propose remedial action based on investigation findings that result in minimizing risks and liability.
• Work with managers who monitor issues such as tardy and absenteeism, production, and cash balancing standards and ensure completion of proper corrective action documentation for performance deficiencies or violation of applicable policies or procedures.
• Manages and tracks employee corrective action.
• Analyze casework trends to produce, proactive recommendations to HR and the business to proactively address and mitigate systemic issues.
• Processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
• Oversee special projects and participate in training.
• Partner in analysis and revision of people programs, policies, and practices to sustain a positive work environment for Umpqua associates
• Consult and collaborate with business partners, the ER team, and Legal, as necessary, regarding interpretation of policies as affected by state and federal laws.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding
• Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES n/a
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years HR Generalist experience.
• Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to read and write, with basic arithmetic skills.
• Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
• Superb communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation and able to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
• Able to build strong partnerships and work closely with managers, senior leaders and HR colleagues.
• Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel.
• Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources (staffing, affirmative action, wage and hour, benefits, leaves of absence, health and safety, etc.).
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Internet and HR systems.
• Maintains a solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws, EO/AA practices
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. • Occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.