Intel Construction Environmental Health Safety Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow! Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs, and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets, and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use, and waste generation.
As a Construction EHS Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• EHS data management
• Entering and using the EHS system to record, compile, evaluate, and share results and improvement opportunities.
• Manage key program(s) for construction EHS, including documentation, training, record keeping, compliance assurance, reporting, and continuous improvement.
• Conduct EHS assessments such as working at heights, Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE), personal protective equipment (PPE), heavy equipment, electrical safety, forklift safety, and other relevant assessments.
• Analyze, evaluate, and provide management with data to suggest EHS guidance.
• Participate in the review and update of Intel EHS Construction standards training and processes.
• Conduct risk assessments and provide recommendations for different phases of construction.
• Own assigned construction EHS safety programs and ensure proper transfer to sites for implementation across the enterprise.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Comprehend customer plans/objectives and forecast health and safety issues to proactively resolve them.
• Willingness to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees e.g. technicians, engineers, and management.
• Willing to work effectively in a team environment.
• Willing to effectively interpret and communicate Environmental, Health, and Safety guidelines to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
• Communication skills, both written and verbal.
What we offer:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life, and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
• We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today!
This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
• Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Human Factors Engineering or closely related field
1 year of experience in:
• EHS field
• OSHA policies.
• Demonstrated application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Intel Jobs