Legacy Health RN Staff Nurse - Surgical Specialties in Gresham, Oregon
The Legacy nursing philosophy focuses on patients and their families. Our nurses embody this philosophy in everything they do, as advocates, communicators, problem-solvers and caregivers. Their expertise is sought after and respected by our health care team. In short, they are the face of wellness at Legacy. Does this sound like an environment in which you could thrive? If so, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center is East County’s full-service hospital, always expanding to meet the community’s growing needs and offering an award-winning patient experience delivered with a personal touch. We offer advanced imaging, a modern emergency department, a welcoming family birth center, surgical services, intensive care, cancer care, gastroenterology and more.
Surgical Specialties at Mount Hood is located on the fourth floor of Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center. Surgical Specialties has 20 private beds with a capacity for 16 patients to have remote telemetry monitoring.
Primary patient population/diagnoses:
1) Surgical patients including but not limited to: orthopedics, urology, neurology, Gyn, general surgery
2) Stable patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring
3) End of life care
4) Gastrointestinal disorders including but not limited to: Chron’s disease and bowel obstruction.
5) Oncology diagnoses and conditions resulting from cancer including but not limited to: oral chemotherapy, neutropenia, symptom management related to treatment, crisis management, and/or pain control
6) Pulmonary including but not limited to: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and respiratory isolation
7) Psychiatric patients requiring acute medical intervention
8) Overflow of medical patients, room availability permitting
9) Pain management including Patient Controled Analgesia (PCA) or epidural medication administration
10) Patient and family teaching
11) Wound care management
Responsible for patient care within an assigned department/unit and participates as a member of the health care team in cooperation with and under the direction of the clinical manager or designee as defined by the relevant Standards and Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse. The RN Staff Nurse assesses, analyzes, plans, implements and evaluates patient care following established patient care standards for Legacy Health System including those for patient assessment and transfer.
As required by licensure. BSN preferred.
One-year registered nursing experience or completion of either the Legacy Health RN Residency program or a nursing program that is equivalent in content, curriculum and duration. Additional clinical experience requirements may vary dependent upon the specific department in which the position is utilized.
Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians and the community. Keyboard skills and ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required. AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers.
Posting Title: RN Staff Nurse - Surgical Specialties
Job Req #: 20-14702
Avg Hours Per Week: 36
FTE for each opening (not total FTE across all openings for multiple openings). If less than 1.0 please enter leading 0 before the decimal, e.g. 0.2: 0.90
Job_Commensurate with Experience: USD $40.97/Hr. - USD $59.49/Hr.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift Differentials: Eves $2.45/hr, Nts $5.75/hr, Wknd $2.00/hr
Work Days: Variable schedule, with weekends/holidays
Shift Start Time (HH:MM AM or PM): 7:00 pm
Shift End Time (HH:MM AM or PM): 7:30 am
External Company URL: https://www.legacyhealth.org/
Street: 24800 SE Stark St