Legacy Health Assistant Nurse Manager - Medical Specialties in Gresham, Oregon
Nurses at Legacy embody our mission of making life better for others. It’s evident in their expertise as well as in their kind and caring nature. The Assistant Nurse Manager leads by example, providing support to the Nurse Manager in overseeing patient care and carrying the Legacy mission into every responsibility, whether it’s staffing, scheduling, budgeting or collaborating with peers. If you are ready to grow with a healthcare system that values your professionalism and compassion, please consider this opportunity.
Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center is East County’s full-service hospital, always expanding to meet the community’s growing needs and offering an award-winning patient experience delivered with a personal touch. We offer advanced imaging, a modern emergency department, a welcoming family birth center, surgical services, intensive care, cancer care, gastroenterology and more.
Medical Specialties at Mount Hood is located on the third and fourth floor of Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center. Medical Specialties has 36 private beds with a capacity for 32 patients to have remote telemetry monitoring.
Primary patient population/diagnoses:
1) Stable patients with decompensated heart failure
2) Stable acute stroke patients
3) Stable patients requiring continuous cardiac monitoring
4) Endocrine disorders including but not limited to diabetes
5) End of life care
6) Gastrointestinal disorders including but not limited to: Crohn’s disease and bowel obstruction.
7) Oncology diagnoses and conditions resulting from cancer including but not limited to: chemotherapy, neutropenia, symptom management related to treatment, crisis management, and/or pain control
8) Pulmonary including but not limited to: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and respiratory isolation
9) Psychiatric patients requiring acute medical intervention
10) Overflow of surgical patients, room availability permitting
11) Pain management including Patient Controled Analgesia (PCA) or epidural medication administration
12) Patient and family teaching
13) Wound care management
14) Treatments including, but not limited to:
• Administration of medcations, including chemotherapy
• Blood product administration
• Continuous cardiac monitoring/telemetry
• Hemodialysis, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, and apheresis
• Discharge planning
• IV therapy management, to include central line and port management
• Non-invasive monitoring
• Nutritional therapy to include Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and enteral feedings
• Pre and post-operative acute care
• Respiratory treatments
• Wound care management and treatment including wound vacuums.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for providing support and managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager by managing daily unit operations that include: Staffing and scheduling; orientation and on-boarding; education and competency assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; promoting evidence-based practice; and implementing quality improvement measures. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and assists with the management of the department(s). The Assistant Nurse Manager is an additional resource and back-up support for the unit staff and departmental operations. The Assistant Nurse Manager facilitates workflow in the department with the support of the Charge Nurse and is the resource for staff and the organization in the absence of the Manager.
An academic degree in nursing is required (BSN or MSN/MN).
Promotions or Internal Transfers: A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. The BSN requirement may be met for candidates who demonstrate that they are enrolled in an accredited BSN level program and are making meaningful progress. The BSN requirement may be met for candidates with an Associate degree attending direct entry Master’s programs in nursing, and are within one year of graduation. Demonstrated evidence of course completion will be required and will be tracked by the individual’s manager.
Relevant clinical nursing experience at proficient to expert level of practice required with two years supervisory/leadership/charge nurse experience in health care.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; strong problem-solving, decision-making and time-management skills; demonstrated knowledge of operations, including staffing, scheduling, productivity management, workflow planning and staff development; proficient in use of PC-based computer software including Microsoft Office applications.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required; specialty certification preferred; current BLS certification at date of hire.
Posting Title: Assistant Nurse Manager - Medical Specialties
Job Req #: 19-10180
Avg Hours Per Week: 40
FTE_Decimal (if less than 1.0 use preceding zero, i.e. 0.9): 1.00
Job_Commensurate with Experience: USD $44.39/Hr. - USD $66.14/Hr.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Days: Mon-Fri, no weekends
External Company Name: Legacy Health
External Company URL: https://www.legacyhealth.org/
Street: 24800 SE Stark St