University of Oregon Print Services Technician in Eugene, Oregon
Print Services Technician
Apply nowJob no:523152
Work type:Classified Staff
Department:Printing and Mailing Services
Classification:Print Services Technician
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$14.57 - $21.32 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes November 25, 2018.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application.
Complete applications must include an online application, a cover letter, and a resume.
Printing and Mailing Services serves the campus community needs for printing and mailing services and products. Having started more than one hundred years ago, the department has $4.4 million in annual revenue. Products and services include both digital and offset print, full-service bindery capabilities, mail list preparation, bulk mail handling, daily US Postal Service mail, and FedEx/UPS/DHL shipping. The department has graphic design services and a satellite copy center in the Student Union. The department covers and produces the business management function related to copyright and the student course packets. The department manages the fleet copier program; its billing and equipment. The department handles a number of vendor-related relationships. The department includes five auxiliary business units and one unit supported by the general fund.
University of Oregon Printing and Mailing Services is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Print Services Technician. This position will have a varying set of responsibilities including but not limited to operating high-speed digital color, and black & white print production machines, direct customer support with campus staff, faculty, and students, managing and preparing customer files, operation of production finishing equipment, and general office functions. This is a day shift position.
Interactions/contacts occur daily with the campus community in the course of performing work and order fulfillment. This position will also interact with several print and mail vendors and suppliers on a regular basis as needed for service requests, supply orders, and job status updates.
This position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed by the Director to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
This unit may provide essential services during times of emergencies and inclement weather. This position may be required to fulfill essential services and functions during these times.
• Two years of experience in the operation and maintenance of high-speed industrial copiers and related equipment typically found in a small press or copy center of a printing plant.
• Familiarity with associated software and file transfer networks.
• Written and oral communication – writing and speaking clearly and persuasively in various situations including via email and in person. Participating in productive meetings.
• Customer service and quality management – providing exceptional customer service; looking for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Respectful workplace – creating and maintaining a culture of respect and inclusion in which employees are valued, communication is polite and courteous, conflict is resolved appropriately, and inappropriate behavior is reported swiftly. Models the highest ethical standards.
• Judgment – displaying willingness to make decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, and making timely decisions. Takes initiative, looks for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizing and planning work activities, using time efficiently. Pays close attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience with bindery equipment such as folders, collators, and paper cutters.
• Experience in a customer service related field and environment.
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of production equipment preferably in the print and mailing industry.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us email@example.com 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:08 Nov 2018Pacific Standard Time
Applications close:25 Nov 2018Pacific Standard Time