Lane Community College Part-time, Temporary, Banquet Server in Eugene, Oregon
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
- Lane actively recruits Veterans and those with Disabilities for all positions. For accommodations and questions call 541-463-5586.
- Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your documentation (DD214/DD215/letter of disability) to Human Resources email@example.com, 541-463-3970
- This is an applicant pool posting. First review date for applications may be as early as August 22, 2018. Subsequent review dates will be dependent upon department need.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you are selected for an interview the department will contact you directly. Otherwise your application will remain in the pool for the entire posting cycle or you will be sent an e-mail notifying you of your status.
No resume required – complete your application with detailed job duties and employment details.
This position works on an as-needed basis and is a temporary assignment based on student, college and division needs.
- Candidates will be able to implement and ensure an “equity lens” is used to assess, implement and maintain systems and structures that are inclusive and respectful.
How to monitor your application.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your spam mail.
- Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search. * See applicant instructions. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
- Part-Time Benefits may be available for qualified employees.
Schedule may vary with hours increasing during peak periods up to 40 hours per week, up to 1039 hours in a 12 month period.
Variable schedule – including mornings, evenings and weekends, as needed.
Schedule may vary with hours increasing up to 40 hrs a week during peak periods, up to 1039 hours in a 12 month period.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- A current Oregon approved Food Handlers Card or the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Six (6) months of experience as a food server in the food service industry.
- Higher Education coursework in Hospitality or Culinary Arts.
- Two (2) years of Banquet Catering, and/or Restaurant experience.
Multicultural experience and bilingual proficiency in World languages is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance the concepts of social justice and culturally competent behaviors is expected.
Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered for meeting minimum qualifications.
Applicants are responsible to show how their personal training and experience would qualify them for the position.
To provide quality customer service to Center for Meeting and Learning guests at hosted locations.
- Serve guests food and beverages with the highest standard of service skills and customer service.
- Break-down, clean-up rooms and properly store equipment.
- Maintain consistent punctuality, arriving to work on time with a tidy appearance and clean/pressed uniform.
- Attentively and promptly provide excellent customer service.
- Assist in set-up and detailing of conference and meeting rooms.
- Top tables with linens and skirt tables.
- Assist with dish washing responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Participate in creating and maintaining a positive team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equity and Inclusion
Demonstrate Lane’s core value of social justice by ensuring such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee interpersonal communications and relationships in all position responsibilities. This is done regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
- Must demonstrate an active concern for students and staff.
Reports to and works under the general supervision of a Banquet Coordinator. Instructions and directions concerning new activities are received in the form of oral or written procedures from the supervisor or a Food Service Coordinator. Work is performed according to established food service procedures and State health and nutritional guidelines, with employees responsible for applying knowledge and experience to tasks performed. Work is reviewed for quality, quantity and/or accuracy. Supervision of others is not a normal responsibility of this position; however, employees may be responsible for guiding and instructing student assistants.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Lift and transport up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Lift and transport up to thirty (30) pounds through a crowded room, such as heavily laden food trays.
- Work safely.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparations, banquet operations, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Operate coffee machine, ice tea machine, and dishwasher.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures – Valid Oregon approved Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to accept and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and flexibility.
- Communicate with customers in a pleasant, courteous and helpful manner.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with students, customers, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. All fields in the application must be completed, including employment dates, work hours, part-time or full-time and detailed job duties.
- #### No resume required.
To be considered a candidate for this position, all of the following must be included in the application package:
Complete online application – all employment, education and reference details must be provided to be considered.
Attach Proof of valid Oregon approved Food Handler’s Card, or bring at the time of application.
References – provide a minimum of three (3) work-related references; four (4) references preferred. Must include current and valid contact information.
Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your DD214/Letter of Disability to Human Resources at Lane Community College. email@example.com, 541-463-3970
- For assistance with the online application call 541-463-5586
- For position questions contact Paula; firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-463-3509
* Do not provide additional documents OR letters of reference, we will contact your references via telephone if you are a finalist.
SAVE YOUR WORK FREQUENTLY
Transcripts are not required.
College and Division Information
The goal of Lane Community College is to help students achieve their dreams and transform lives through learning. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed. Lane partners with businesses in the community to help shape the current and future workforce.
Lane is a learning-centered community college that provides affordable, quality, lifelong educational opportunities that include:
Lane was founded in 1964 by a vote of local citizens, and the main campus opened in 1968. The college was a successor to the Eugene Technical-Vocational School that was founded in 1938. Lane has received many awards and accolades for its innovative programs and high quality instruction. The college is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College.
One of the advantages of working Lane is living in the area. Lane’s main campus is in Eugene, a city known for its quality of life and for being the home of the University of Oregon. Eugene is home to more than 153,000 people and neighboring Springfield has more than 57,000 residents comprise the second largest population center in the state. Eugene and Springfield are nestled in the Willamette Valley between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Some peaks in the Cascade Range can be seen from main campus. The area’s scenic mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, and coastline offer many opportunities for outdoor adventures or for just sitting back and enjoying the view. See what’s new at www.eugenecascadescoast.org/ (link is external).
Posting Number: 180121
Job Title: Part-time, Temporary, Banquet Server
Department /Division: Center for Meeting & Learning
Location: Main Campus, Downtown Center
Classification: Food Service Specialist
Position Type: Hourly Part-Time Classified
Anticipated Start Date: Upon Hire
Salary/Wage Range: $11.00 - $11.98 (Hourly Classified Pay Grade 3)
Position Status: Temporary
Annual Schedule: 170 Day (Academic Year)
Quicklink for Posting: http://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/9130
Posting Date: 08/16/2018
Closing Date: 06/26/2019
Applicant Pool: Academic Year
Open Until Filled: No
Union Association: LCC Employees Federation (Classified)