University of Oregon Custodian in Eugene, Oregon
Apply nowJob no:522942
Work type:Classified Staff
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$12.24 - $17.02 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes September 28, 2018.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, applicants please upload the following with your online application:
• A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement. Please discuss each element completely and succinctly.
• Current resume, which includes dates of employment and clearly highlights experience that meets the required qualification.
The University of Oregon Intercollegiate Athletic Department's primary purpose is to provide a unique opportunity for student-athletes to be developed, tested, and encouraged to reach their maximum potential in every aspect of their lives. It is the steadfast goal of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics to provide the most outstanding student-athlete experience by helping them to achieve excellence, both in the classroom and in their chosen sport. The department has approximately 250 administrative & classified employees and hosts over 600,000 spectators annually and represents the University of Oregon in athletic competition with other universities & colleges.
This position will work at the Hatfield Dowlin Complex (Oregon Football). The Hatfield Dowlin Complex is a 142,000 square foot facility dedicated to the University of Oregon football program. This position will work a flexible schedule based on the needs of football operations activities and events which will include nights, weekends & holidays. Our mission is to effect timely maintenance, repair, improvement, renovation, cleaning, and upkeep of the facility systems, utilities, and equipment. This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, Pac-12 Conference, and the NCAA.
• One year of work experience providing a service-type function (customer service, custodial service, etc.) in a reliable and consistent manner.
• Ability to perform duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and University.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and create effective relationships for problem-solving and positive interactions.
• Demonstrated initiative, looking for what needs to be done and doing it.
• Attentiveness to detail.
• Ability to maintain a safe and safety-conscious workplace.
• Ability to maintain a respectful workplace and model a positive and proactive attitude.
• Ability to model the highest ethical standards.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Basic foundation of knowledge of commercial cleaning equipment and chemicals that would normally be obtained through a combination of training and/or directly related industrial custodial experience.
• Prior experience in an athletic facility setting.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:14 Sep 2018Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close:28 Sep 2018Pacific Daylight Time