University of Oregon Custodian in Eugene, Oregon
Apply nowJob no:526002
Work type:Classified Staff
Department:University Health Services
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$13.73 - $17.90 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes January 28, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure consideration, please upload the following with your online application:
• Current resume which includes dates of employment.
Applicants will also be asked to submit the name and contact information within the application for three professional references, one of which must be current or most recent supervisor (if not currently employed). Candidate will be notified prior to references being contacted.
Any application missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete.
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is a nationally accredited (AAAHC) outpatient clinic providing primary care to students at the University of Oregon. All staff are required to uphold the mission of the UHC.
This position works in support of the University Health Center Mission and is consistent with UO policy. Some aspects of this position may be completed in collaboration with other University departments.
The purpose of this position is to perform all custodial duties to provide and maintain a safe, clean, orderly, and sanitary environment that helps promote trust, a sense of well-being, and caring for the students who use the facility. The custodians maintain the daily cleaning and disinfection of the entire University Health Center, which includes restrooms, kitchens, offices, medical areas and all floors. The custodians maintain cleaning supplies, paper goods, trash liners, and linen.
Working hours are 6:00 pm to 2:30 am Sunday through Thursday.
Physical demands require the ability to walk extensively, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• One year of direct custodial experience in a medical facility
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM).
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of cross contamination, disinfectants, and cleaning agents
• Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning products, chemicals and hazards of using disinfectants & other cleaning products within a medical facility
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:Jan 13, 2021Pacific Standard Time
Applications close:Jan 28, 2021Pacific Standard Time