Weyerhaeuser Harvest Manager in Dallas, Oregon
Our Willamette Valley Region has openings for two Harvest Managers for our Mid-Coast operations team, located in Dallas, Oregon. These are full-time, exempt positions, reporting to the Area Manager with salary level dependent on skills and experience. These roles will also be expected to flow to work to support other business needs in the Willamette Valley operating areas. The role is responsible for management of safety, environmental stewardship, quality, production, and costs associated with the contract and/or company harvesting operations. Specific responsibilities will be dependent on selected candidate’s experience and skillset.
The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in the Integrated Skills Development Process (ISDP). The objective of ISDP is to provide for a structured process for individual development matching business skill set needs and cross-training in the areas of forestry, engineering, land use, and harvesting.
_KEY FUNCTIONS:_ * Responsible for harvest plan execution in compliance with the regional and area harvesting strategy and the annual budget plan * Contract administration, supervision, and development of logging contractors. * Demonstrate, role model, coordinate training on company safety policies and safe work practices. * Ensure compliance with state and federal statutes, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals. * Assist as needed with forest engineering activities around planning and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, and harvest unit layout. * Confirm log quality by accessing log sorts, log value, merchandising/value extraction and the scaling process to ensure customer satisfaction. * Responsible for developing annual budgets and delivering results against budget. * Coordinate with all other forest management operations and employees on the area and region teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- o Preferred: Degree with 3 years of experience in a supervisory or key leadership role in the logging industry.
- Leadership abilities in contractor safety performance and safety process improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage contractors to respond and meet changing customer requirements/needs.
- General knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning/forecasting, and capital expenditures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills needed to effectively function as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching and development plans.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office, other windows-based programs, and internet skills. Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize new technology essential to role such as GIS mapping and harvest scheduling software and mobile Aps related to log quality performance tracking and transportation and harvesting efficiency.
- Willing to work as required to meet operational needs, may include evenings or weekends if/when necessary.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Harvest Manager
Requisition ID: 01015328
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs