The Corvallis Clinic Surgical Technician in Corvallis, Oregon
This is a part-time position:
The Surgical Technician provides safe, quality surgical assisting and patient care through the utilization of appropriate treatment processes and effective communication with all involved in the care and support of the patients.
- Assist with safe and comfortable patient transfers as needed.
- Assist the surgical team during operative procedures and carry out assignment by performing scrub duties or assisting the surgeon. Monitor and enforce surgical aseptic technique during procedures.
- Set up operating room, check equipment and case supplies. Assist in room preparation, sterile field set up, turn over for next case, final clean up and restocking in preparation for next day surgery. Check room and instrument set-ups and clean-up process for all surgical procedures under direction of the surgeon and/or RN Coordinator.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of proper care and use of all supplies and equipment in department. Assist in maintaining general cleanliness and order within department and perform routine cleaning chores as assigned. Understands and implements proper aseptic technique.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations. Report all significant problems, events and occurrences on a timely basis to the surgeon and/or RN Coordinator. Also obtain authorization from the surgeons in the Ambulatory Surgery Center in all matters that require his/her authority and sanction.
- Multi-task in other roles such as assisting with admission/discharge, instrument and sterile supplies.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Also provide the care needed per Ambulatory Surgery Center policies and procedures. Education, licensure and experience:
Completion of surgical technology course (at least six months in length) OR satisfactory work experience, either military or civilian, (shorter military courses are acceptable if evidence is given of one (1) year or more of satisfactory work experience in surgery following completion of the course)
- CST (Certified Surgical Technician) preferred
- Current CPR certification
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification Knowledge and skills:
Possess thorough knowledge of each proposed surgical procedure
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy, fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to work well with patients, physicians and other staff