POWDR Tickets and Reservations Supervisor in Bend, Oregon
Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people's lives and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touch points, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, problem solvers, and have a passion for sharing mountain culture - all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon's most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors on a year-round basis. Mt. Bachelor's 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, Woodward Mountain Park and Woodward WreckTangle experiences, a world class Nordic Center, snowblast tubing, summer and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours whitewater rafting, Sunset Dinners, and lift-accessible Sightseeing. New to Mt. Bachelor for summer 2020 is the dual-line, three-stage Zip Line.
Tickets and Reservations Supervisors work directly with the Tickets and Reservations Manager to ensure that a positive guest experience is provided at every ticket window, guest service desk, reservations department, and at any/all Mt. Bachelor or Sun Country Tours sales and/or fulfillment location. Supervisors are responsible for initial and ongoing training of ticket cashiers, season pass staff, guest service desk staff, and reservations and Sun Country Tours clerk staff. Supervisors schedule all staff and communicates with Tickets & Reservations Manager about employee performance.
Tickets and Reservations leadership is responsible for frequent communication with all relevant departments to ensure smooth day-to-day operations. Supervisors assist with client close at all Point of Sale locations and coordinate delivery of deposits to the vault. Supervisors also monitor inventory of ticket stock, office supplies, and in some locations, retail merchandise.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Represent Mt. Bachelor positively: Support the company mission and comply with supervisor's manual. Model exemplary self-discipline, departmental team work, interdepartmental teamwork, guest service, professional skills, and ethics.
- Assist in developing and implementing preseason training program for all sales outlet employees, including assisting in the creation of department training manuals, cashier/agent checklists, and providing education of area and resort information and policies.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and evaluating during the season, with the support of Tickets and Reservations Manager.
- Responsible for scheduling team members to meet labor goals, expected guest levels and call volumes. Adapt staffing levels and operations as dictated by resort demand.
- Document employee sick calls, tardiness and sensitive issues, and review time keeping records (ADP) daily.
- Comply with OSHA, SDS, and BOLI other relevant workplace standards.
- Works closely with ALL other departments, including Accounting, Marketing, Gravity School, Human Resources, IT, Lift Ops, Patrol, Rentals, Security, Transportation, and Sun Country Tours to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Ensure policies are known and procedures are handled correctly.
- Participate in monitoring guest service through observation, timing of lines, call wait times, guest feedback and guest surveys.
- Engage employees in safety and guest service huddles as well as continuous education of mountain goods and services
- Monitor sales and communicate changes to that will impact availability.
- Oversee window operations, cash drawer organization, provide change, monitor and document cashier daily cash variances.
- Inventory monthly ticket and pass stock including ticket sales locations in downtown office, rentals, and snow sport services.
- Proactively plan for all new products or change in products and their sales and redemption process through all channels.
Handle Guest Concerns and Adjustments
- Address and route guest concerns.
- Develop staff to fulfill guest needs according to Mt. Bachelor and office policy.
- Ensure all locations are open and ready for business at the appropriate times.
- Inform cashiers and agents of any changes in the weather, operations, promotions or procedures.
- Adjust labor levels to match day-of and future day business levels as necessary.
- Assure the clean, neat and professional appearance of all locations, which includes cleanliness of bathroom and retail centers in Bend and Sunriver.
- Ensure staff complies with all personnel policies.
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation to include change of status, evaluations and late or missed shifts.
- Understand and support personnel policies positively.
- Develop systems that ensure personnel input is timely and accurate.
Specific Job Skills:
Technical- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets and desktop publishing. Must have knowledge of cash handling and point of sale systems.
Physical Capabilities- Able to stand and walk through a whole work day.
Additional - Two years in a supervisory position, preferably with one year ski and/or destination resort experience. Experience in guest service and skills training. Able to coach and guide a diverse work force with strong people managing skills. Strong skills with the RTP POS system. Public speaking skills. Some skiing/riding ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled