TEKsystems Systems Engineer in BEND, Oregon
Experience requirements –
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field preferred. Equivalent knowledge, training, education, and/or experience may substitute for degree.
- 5 years information technology experience required.
- Direct experience administering VMWare server virtualization is required. Other experience with cloud-based Microsoft offerings highly desirable.
- Technical experience in a multi-datacenter environment with critical, non-stop enterprise applications running in virtual server environments is highly desirable.
- Industry standard certifications is highly desirable (CCNA,CCNP,VCP,etc.).
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
Position overview –
Provide maintenance and support of complex software and hardware computer systems infrastructure. Experience with VMWare server/virtualization, able to provision server, storage and network configurations and manage same. Actively monitor and respond to technical hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing/monitoring tools and techniques as well as assist in managing overall system capacity. Work with vendor support/service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. May be asked to evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations; assist with cost/benefit analysis, and feasibility studies. Required to produce and maintain documentation such as systems requirements, designs, resource inventories and plans as requested by both IT and Organizations Leadership. Serves as a technical escalation point for various members of IT staff. Ability to organize, standardize, and manage detailed information. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in and between teams. Ability to prioritize, managing multiple competing work efforts. Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insured. May be called upon to work as part of the on call rotation or after hours support. Does technical research for new projects.
Minimum 3 months and likely 6. Not out of the question to make this a permanent position.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
vmware, emc storage, cisco networking, meraki networking, nutanix
Top Skills Details:
- Must have a solid understanding of VMWare
- Infrastructure-Storage Management experience
- Networking experience within healthcare
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
On prem DC: VMWare – 4 farms, EMC Storage 200 TB, Cisco and Meraki networking, introducing Nutanix, Rubrik, Pure and Cloud
Looking for someone with 5 years experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs